Fifteen

Two weeks later...

It's been a while since Neuvillette's house became as lively as he never thought it would be. The warmth, the giggles, the loudness and mess, even the morning kisses—all of these are the things that make Neuvillette so happy. The presence of Sigewinne and Wriothesley in his life makes him feel settled and content.

Though there are times that he still feels guilty, he feels like he's at fault for taking Sigewinne and Wriothesley away from her. But whenever he thinks of this, Wriothesley will always be there to comfort him and tell him that it was never his fault and that he should never feel guilty about it. And with these simple gestures from Wriothesley, Neuvillette's mind will feel at ease.

... And speaking of Wriothesley, ever since he knew that his so-called wife, Marie, was on the loose, he started to become an overly protective and paranoid husband and father to Neuvillette and Sigewinne. Although Neuvillette was fine with it, he can't help but feel a bit weirded out each time Wriothesley becomes paranoid over just small things.

For example, just three days ago, the two of them decided to pick up Sigewinne from school. It was a lovely afternoon. They were laughing about a certain topic (and with certain topic, it means "Clorinde's progressive love life") while they were hand in hand when they suddenly saw Sigewinne talking to a woman. They don't have a clue who the woman is because they are behind her. For Neuvillette, it was just a normal thing; maybe the woman was just asking Sigewinne for something, but his curiosity peaks when Wriothesley runs towards Sigewinne's direction and quickly gets her away from the woman and says, "Get away from my daughter!" Neuvillette sees the shock reaction of the woman, and the same goes for him. He immediately went there too and apologized to the woman.

When Wriothesley saw the woman's face, he immediately cursed in his mind and apologized for having mistakenly thought that the woman was Marie.

"Daddy, that was Aurelie, and she said Sigewinne's hair clips are beautiful," Sigewinne said as she referred to the woman she was talking with a while ago. "So Sigewinne told her that these clips are from my Papa, and she said that Papa is good at picking clips for Sigewinne because the clips look good on Sigewinne!" Neuvillette chuckles with what he heard.

"Is that so? Then I'll buy you more hair clips from now on," he said as he shifted his gaze to Wriothesley, who still looked concerned about something.

As they got home, Sigewinne immediately go to the kitchen, leaving her two dads alone.

"Are you alright, Wrio? You seem a little disturbed," Neuvillette asked.

Wriothesley sighs and pulls him into a hug. "I'm fine, my love. I'm just tired from work," he said. Neuvillette hums in response. He knows that the latter was lying, but he decided not to push the topic more and just let it slide.

"Just rest here. I'll make you some tea to make you feel better," Neuvillette said as he gave the latter a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay," Wriothesley said.

.
.
.
.

Present time...

As morning came, Neuvillette woke up as he felt a warm and bright light on his face. He groans and was about to get up when he feels a little suffocated and he feels something heavy on both arms.