Seventeen

(Not edited, no proofread... Beware of grammatical errors and typos😅)

Third Person's

It's already 7:30 when Wriothesley finishes his work for the day. He was preparing to leave when he suddenly someone open his office's door.

"Good thing you haven't gone home yet, Wrio."  Wriothesley turn to his side to see Clorinde with his usual expression.

"I was about to." he said, "So, what is up?" 

Clorinde sigh and walk closer to Wriothesley's table, "I've got another intel about Marie."  She said alerting Wriothesley's whole system.

"What is it? Is she planning something bad again?" He asked.

"Maybe? But my intel told me that she saw Marie with Lady Furina earlier."  She said.

Wriothesley's forehead creased, "Lady Furina? You mean Clorinde and Neuvillette's friend way back in college?"

"Yes, that Furina."  Clorinde said sighing.

"Is she helping her?"  Wriothesley disappointedly ask.

"That's what my intel is currently investigating, but upon thinking of possibilities, Furina maybe helping Marie."  Clorinde said.

Wriothesley sighed, "Furina has a lot of connections. If she's really helping Marie, then not only I will be in trouble, but also Neuvillette." 

"Have you already told Neuvillette the real deal with you and Marie?"  she asked.

The latter look at her, then shake his head, "Not yet." 

"You should tell him sooner, Wriothesley." Clorinde suggested.

"I will, but not now."  he said, "Anyway, did you also tell this thing to Navia?"

"No. She will freak out if she find out about this." Clorinde said.

"She definitely will."  he said as they both chuckles, before the atmosphere gets serious again.

"We should think of a plan, before it's too late."

*****

Neuvillette's

"Don't leave Sigewinne, Papa." Sigewinne said as she was hugging my hand.

I smiled at her, "I won't, baby, Papa will always stay by your side."  I said while caressing her hair. Sigewinne slowly close her eyes until she finally fall asleep.

I waited for another minute to pass before I carefully pull my hands off of her hug, and put her otter stuff toy as replacement.

I stood up and turn on the lampshade beside her, and kissed her forehead, before I leave her room.

I go down to the living room and sit on the couch and read the newest The Steambird newspaper, while I wait for Wriothesley.

But as the thought of earlier happenings bothers me, I sigh heavily while I shake my head and just put the newspaper back to the newspaper rack.

I look at the time, and it's already 8:15. Wriothesley will be here any minute now, so I'll better cook food for him.

I got up from the couch, and walk straight to the kitchen, but I stop when I heard someone knock on the door.