Five

Neuvillette's

"Here we go again." I stop with what I'm doing and look at Navia, who is busy staring at the paper in her hand.

"What is it? Did somebody give you a death threat?" I asked, but it was in the form of joking.

"Not a death threat, but a cringey love letter!" She said as she stood up and walked in my direction. "Look at this!"

She gave me the paper she was holding, and so I accepted it. I cleared my throat first before reading the said 'cringey love letter'.

"Dear Miss Navia, I have been wanting to give you this letter, but I was afraid that you might not accept this. I have set my eyes on you long before you helped my family when we needed the Spina di Rosula's help. Ever since the day I met you, you have become the center of my masterpiece. I had drawn your gorgeous beauty on the canvas, and I could say that nothing can compare to the beauty that you have.

I have been wanting to tell you how I feel, but I'm afraid that you will not like me back. After all, you are a goddess made by heaven, and, well, I was just a mere painter, a painter you will never notice.

But I'm still waiting for the day to come when you will notice me and my love for you. Your secret admirer." After finishing the whole letter, I diverted my gaze to Navia.

"Geez, it is so cringey," she said with gritted teeth; obviously, she doesn't like to ever hear or see this letter again.

"Well, I must say, it is romantic; thus, it is indeed too cheesy," I answered. And I wish I hadn't read it thoroughly.

I gave her back the letter, and she heavy-heartedly accepted it. "Should I write a letter back and tell him to stop?" she asked.

"Why don't you give him a chance first before deciding whether you will accept his love or not?" I advise. Not that I'm some sort of love expert, but I've been there; I've experienced love and pain at the same time.

"Are you for real?" Navia asked, like she's not believing whatever I say. Like I'm some sort of liar.

"Of course I am," I said without hesitation. "Do I look like I'm fooling around?"

"So this is what Neuvillette 3.0 is after the second breakup, huh?" she said with a cheeky smile.

"What do you mean break up?" I innocently asked.

"Don't act like you don't know what I mean, Neuvy," she said as she rolled her eyes.

Of course, how foolish am I to act innocently in the midst of what just happened a few days ago?

I sighed and shook my head, indicating that I didn't want to talk about it. Everything is done for the second time, and this time I'm trying to move on and forget whatever happened between us.

I heard Navia sigh. "This is why I hate committing to a relationship. Upon looking at your current situation, I don't think I can be as brave and strong as you are," she said.

I look at her in disbelief and say, "You and I are different, Navia. Therefore, our fates are also different, so stop making reference based on my experience." I answered.

Navia pouted, "Why are you being so serious right now?" She said, "But I can't deny that you are right. I shouldn't just see relationships based on your experience. So! I made up my mind."

"That fast? You should think it through thoroughly."

"Nope, I already made my decision," she said, "and my decision is... I will let Silver go to him instead." My forehead creased.

"What?"

She suddenly cried up fake in front of me, "NO! I CAN'T REALLY DO IT NEUVY! I REALLY CAN'T! NOT WHEN I DON'T FEEL ANYTHING THE SAME ABOUT HIM! THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I JUST WANT TO DIVE TO THE PRIMORDIAL SEA AND DISSOLVE FOREVER!" she exclaimed while fake crying.

Oh heavens, can you please remind me how this woman became my friend?

Her life is much more stressful than mine. "You're overreacting, Navia."

"No, I'm not!"  She said, which made me sigh. I guess this day will be my longest day so far.

*****

It's late in the afternoon; Navia already left an hour ago due to the sudden appearance of Melus and Silver in my office as they brought with them a slight problem in Spina di Rosula, causing her to overreact again and leave immediately.

I was enjoying my afternoon water break when I heard a knock on my door.

"Please, come in!" I said as I waited for them to enter my office.

As soon as the door opened, I saw my secretary with a bouquet of... Romaritime Flower? Huh?

"Monsieur Neuvillette, someone left this in the counter for you," my secretary said as she put down the bouquet of Romaritime Flower on my table.

"Did you know who left this?" I asked.

"I have no idea, Monsieur; I only know that this one's for you as it was stated on the card." I look at the card that was on the side of the flowers.

To Monsieur Neuvillette,

An elegant and ethereal Romaritime flower for an elegant and ethereal person like you...

That's what's written on the card. But who could this be from?

"Okay. Thank you; you can now go," I said as I was still thinking of the possible people who could give this to me.

"Understood, Monsieur Neuvillette," my secretary said as she bowed and left the office.

I stare at the flower in front of me. This actually reminds me of something—or, yet, someone. Upon remembering my college days, I always receive this from him. It's not like this is my favorite flower, but because this is what he gives, I learned to like it too.

As much as I refuse to believe it, I have a feeling that this came from Wriothesley. But why is he doing this? Did he not understand what I said a few days ago? Is he planning to make a fool out of me? Or is he planning to hurt me even more?

I sigh and put away the bouquet of Romaritime flowers. If this is really from Wriothesley, then there's no point of keeping it. I won't let him hurt me again.

*****

-short chapter again because I'm too occupied and busy with school stuffs😅

Have a great day, or night! Thank you for reading! -

-wriollette-