Chapter Four : Unexpected wedding surprise

The big celebration was almost like what Grace imagined, and importantly to mentioned that they did serve chocolate! Catrina was laughing admiringly along the whole hall, sending giggles and shared enthusiasms with all her friends Grace are mostly unacquainted with, before she was dragged up the stage. Her drunken voice can be heard above the noise, and her hot burning cheeks cannot be unrecognized as she danced with the male strippers, offering her the last day as an unmarried woman.

Everyone was giving Caty their blessings and drinking to risen their spirits that was kept imprisoned waiting for any event to set free. "Oh my God Gracie , I will marry Chris just tomorrow!" She almost yelled through Grace's eardrums "Can you believe it ?! Me and Chris, a very cute married couple walking side by side and..." she continued before taking another sip from her glass of champagne. she was totally drunk , in a happy way that she said those words nearly hundred times till that moment. Grace gave her a reassuring smile, nodding in content to every word Catrina was mouthing, and fantasizing secretly about how amazing will tomorrow be. She couldn't help but wonder if Catrina's father would care to walk her down the aisle, or will he just act uninterested as he did throughout het life...
Yet, she forced her flown away mind to focus on the present, to digest properly what she is surrounded by. The happiness, the wildness, the sincerity.

Little did anyone know that such happy things could be ruined just in a matter of seconds , crushed to million pieces.
"Nothing will happen" she assured herself for what might seem like the nth time. She said that she is just overreacting, she is just overly excited about her friend's wedding and she should probably cool down, let the worries sink. She managed to refocus her thoughts, but somewhere deep down, sudden anxiousness was perched, waiting to be set free.

* * * * * *

Grace didn't even need an alarm to shoot out of bed and hop to take her shower the next morning.

Catrina's wedding!
Her heart had screamed in joy

As excited as she was , she managed to compose herself with effort so that everything would be perfect and accurate for the day, just how she planned it to be. She couldn't even wait to get out of her house, escape the place that contained her non-calming emotions, head to Catrin, help creating the perfect bride and be by her side.

The moment she was all ready to shoot out , the usual boring ringtone was heard, yet it didn't seem boring then , it seemed frightening. She didn't want to let herself be controlled by her remembered fears, and so she didn't make an effort in anticipating who's the caller. She made her emotions as neutral as she can and pressed the phone to her ear.

"Hi" his voice gave her some kind if relief

"Hey Chris, ready for today?" She giggled, shaking her worries aside.

"Haha Yeah I am" he laughed shortly

"Great then , you'll keep her in your eyes big man , I assure you that I am as strong as a dad could be and would..."

"Okay Grace okay" his laugh grew longer "Just tell me are you at Caty's ?"

"No I am not . Actually I am heading for it now , yet interrupted by your highness"

"Could Caty still be possibly asleep ?"

"I don't think so smarty , she is awake probably an hour ago"

"Well....." hesitated Christophe before trailing off with an incomplete sentence. Grace blinked for a second or too, reminding herself desperately that nothing is going to happen, that she is being melodramatic, that she can't just give in to a stupid hunch.