Chapter Fourteen: Who's lying and who shall die?

"Who's lying and who shall die?" Whispered the evil voice behind Grace's ear. She flinched slightly as she felt his breath on the back of her neck

"Choose wisely, dear Grace" he laughed wickedly enough to frighten whoever had the unfortunate chance of listening to him.
A wet sensation and coldness started ruling both of her hands. She glanced down with warry eyes to see blood dripping from what she held.

A heart on one hand, a fresh-with-blood heart, and a brain. "Choose wisely" his voice echoed in the darnkess behind her.

Looking up, she saw what threatened to make her gag. Eric was standing along side with Christophe, both entirely covered with blood and having red glowing eyes.

"Who's lying and who shall die?" The question echoed itself through their lips in unison. She glanced back down at the heart and brain in her hands, deciding which to choose before a grin was spread along the side of her lips and she squeezed them both with sharp nails till shreds of them fell to the dark -seem to be endless- ground.

The dream played over and over in Grace's head like a broken tape . Her body was rocking back and forth as she held both of her legs in her embrace. She pressed her back on the wall while she sat on the hard ground of her bedroom's floor.

Tears were piling up in her eyes threatening to stroll down her cheeks, but the pain she held for weeks got past crying so tears backed away and started to clear her blurry vision. Without thinking , she grabbed her phone from the nightstand and dialed Eric's number. The effort she made to reach for the nightstand was indescribable after what seemed to be half an hour of just bawling on the floor. After few rings, Eric's tired voice was heard.

"Who's this?" He mumbled the words softly. Apparently he forgot to look at the caller's ID before answering, so Grace wasn't offended.

"Hi" she whispered in a hoarse voice

"Oh, Grace" he yawned "What's wrong? It's three in the morning!!"

"I know" she whispered

"Is everything okay?" His voice was more awake now

"I..I.." She stuttered in a cracked voice that woke Eric up completely and made him determined

"Grace, what's going on?"

"Please" she mumbled "Can you come over?"

"Grace tell me what's going on?!!" He pleaded over the phone

"Just, please.." She cried

"Minutes and I'll be there" he said quickly and hung up.

Grace sat in silence pushing back the tears and parying silently for Eric to turn up soon. She tried hardly not to let herself sink in the the torturous thoughts that the masked man planted in her mind.

"Grace?" Eric's anxious and ringing voice made her snap her head quickly up and away from the gray rug that was in the middle of the room. He looked so worried and afraid. He probably have cared less about what he was wearing for he was still in his black stripped pajamas.

"You left your door unlocked!" He clenched his teeth "You shouldn't do that!"

One look at Grace's bloodshot eyes and the furious expression was blown away with the breeze of air that allowed itself in from the opened window. Eric sighed in defeat and bent till he was in Grace's level. He held her chin further up with his finger and looked in her eyes that took him deep inside to where she held all the pain.

"My precious, what happened?" He said soothingly as he rubbed his other hand on her bare shoulder

Grace licked her lips trying not to pout and crack down, she tried to look away from his loving eyes but her heart refused and took control on every muscle in her body. For a moment, she forgot all about her fear and her pain, she just thought about the eyes that were laid in front of her and the urge she had to hug the man she felt safe with so tightly till her heart felt close to his.