Chapter Nine: A Stabbed Leg And A Gutted Heart.

"A peaceful night it is , no doubt" Anyone would say that night, as Eric was wrapping his arms and body around Grace's. Satisfaction can be determined on his face and smile , he finally let out a huge weight that was nearly suffocating him.

Through the middle of one of the best dreams he could have had , a loud scream broke out. Not only was the scream enough , for the close body shook furiously waking him up.

"Shhhh" he hushed her , rubbing her arms gently "It's okay"

Grace started shivering fearfully as she tightened her grip on his hand stopping its movement.
She shifted her position facing him , then sank her head in his bare chest hugging him tightly.

"It's okay" he reassured "A bad dream"

Grace managed to moan in agreement through her unsteady breaths. She refused to talk about it let alone tell what she saw, she just murmured some words about how she is fine now and that he should sleep.

"I am here" he kissed her forehead "Whenever you need me or need to talk , I am always here"

Grace gave him a warm smile , before his sight began blurring till nothing was seen.

" I opened my eyes happily in the heaven_like suite. It was 9 am , just the exact time we decided we should get up , jump in our matching turquoise bikinis and hop to the beach.

I did so , humming sweetly 'Can't take my eyes off of you' , as I examined my now tanned curvy body in the full length mirror I ordered specially in my suite. How could life be so perfect? It was the best vacation we had from work so far , and I assume she is having the best time too! Well , Chris is here so no doubt she is!

I wore the nearly transparent white beach dress over my body, and made tiny confident steps toward the door. My hand caught the handle , feeling the coldness that it took from the super air conditioning, and twisted it to the right revealing what really astonished me.

"What a beautiful surprise" I beamed hugging her tightly. "Hug back you dumbass"
She didn't respond , she just stood between my bare arms stiff as a statue would be.
I backed away in annoyance , before I caught of glimpse of her face.

Lines of hot reddish blood trickling along her pretty -yet pained- face. Agony could be seen through her teary eyes , begging for help. What could I have done? The scene tied up my tongue and glued my legs to where I stood, what could I have done?

Drops of blood began forming on the doorstep as my eye balls started rolling helplessly around her. Will I faint?

I managed hardly to raise a numb arm to touch hers , while her glares penetrated through my heart in despair. As soon as my fingertips felt the over-warmth radiating from her body , she fell screaming to the ground , and the whole view around us turned black.

A knife was stabbed to her leg as she screamed loudly nearly deafening me. How was she stabbed?
I glanced down horrified at my hands , seeing them blood stained as hell. What have I done now?
Tears twinkled in my wide hazel eyes in guilt , it's horrible to feel guilty for something you don't even know how you did it.

The screams died out, and another thing started rising evilly. With red glowing eyes , Catrina raised her bloody face looking and scaring the hell out of me. It seems that the pain all died out , yet she still was on the ground suffocating her leg with both of her hands.

'Be careful who you trust' she mouthed in a deep voice before evil laughs were heard , but they weren't hers. I am sure I heard them before , I kept trying to figure it out till it hit me. The masked mystery man.

Not so long have I stood there after that , for I felt the impact on the back of my head and everything went black...

I surely scared Eric to death with my screams as I woke up from that bad dream ,as it didn't take him long before I felt his gentle hands rubbing my arms lovingly. He kept comforting me over and over , and I pretended that it worked. To admit , being beside him was a priceless feeling I am grateful for, specially that he confessed tonight. Three words I've been longing for, and I've finally heard.

Life can be unkind , life is usually unkind! Sugary-sometimes gifts? Well it gives you these gifts , but either to take them from you later on , take another in return or give them in the totally wrong time just like now. Call me dark , but it's a recent perspective I acquired.

I sneaked silently after founding a way out of his arms and headed for you, diary. My heart is gutted.

The conversation Chris and Eric had about me made me suspicious , what is Eric planning to do?

Why wouldn't I go back to work , huh? It's work and after all my vacation is nearly ending , it will go back to normal and....
Nothing will go back to normal.

Will I be able to handle being there without her? I should, but will I?
I've worked years to achieve what I am in now, could I throw it all away?
Catrina wouldn't have loved that ,just like Chris said. He's right!
I should go back to work
I should achieve more , for her

I won't wait for another week. Just like he will , I'll go tomorrow!"