Chapter Six: The Phone

Steam was filling the bathroom as Grace relaxed in a water full bath , laying her head on the warm ceramic. She closed her eyes dreamingly, drifting to her day dreams , silently hoping they may be better than her reality.

The dark figure was standing right in front of Grace , she began laughing loudly as she played the rope between her hands. Grace opened her eyes warningly, glaring as the dark figure reached her and put the rope around her neck. She struggled and began kicking and coughing helplessly as the woman's voice laughed psychotically
"You're going to see your dear friend , aren't you happy?" Said the voice, faking a pout, while Grace's lips turned blue and her eyes became bloodshot. Her lungs screamed viciously, trying to take in any air, but it was no use.
"Tell her I miss her" laughed the woman in black , adjusting her mask and tightening the rope till the struggle died out and limps were floating helplessly in the bath

Grace gasped loudly in a horrifying manner. She sat upright, holding her head between her hands and wetting her face with the warm water. Air forced itself into her lungs quickly, however she felt like she was suffocating.

Eric held the big bouquet between his hands and ran his fingers through his hair as he stepped forward to her door. He drew a deep breath of nervousness then rang the bell.
"I hope this goes well..." He murmured hopefully

After a couple of minutes the door was slowly opened as Grace stood behind it in her bath robe. She shielded herself behind the wooden door, peeking a glance at who was the visitor while pushing back her wet forelock that covered her eyes.
Eric scanned her up and down, strongly trying to hold back a laughter that was threatening to burst out. He bit his lips and looked her in the face .

"What!" She demanded with a slight giggle
"It's not me who decided to come so early" she threw her hand in the air expressively

"Well, that's a good point" he nodded approvingly "Didn't think of that myself , 'cause you see I am not the 'always late' "

"Shut up" she rolled her eyes "What's that?" Her eyes clung to the flowers lovingly

"What does it seem to you ?"

"A tree" she pursed her lips in order not to crack up

" A tree!" He gaped at her "Oh Uh...Well these are flowers.... From a tree." He scratched the back of his neck, smirking

" Oh that's lovely! Thank you , it's big , wouldn't it be easier if you have brought the tree ?"

Eric's mind sank in bewilderment that he didn't fully catch the meaning of what she said. Was it that she didn't like them ? Or He should've brought less ? Maybe she wanted more? He didn't know!

"I am just teasing you , they're lovely" her laughter filled the air "Come in, we stood here long"

"Yes, right " he gave a sigh of relief as he entered the house and closed the door behind him.

"Just a few minutes and I'll be ready" she said as she found her way back again into her room

" Yeah, they all say that" he murmured , taking his usual look around her house. Admiring her pictures with her family , cat and friends .He couldn't help but fall in love over and over with the smiles all over her face in every and each one of them. He held a single frame and smoothed a finger on her beauty radiating face and his heart softened, how lucky was he? He wondered.

Grace zipped the back of her green sundress and glanced at her self in the mirror. She applied the slightest makeup she could to conceal the bags under her eyes , put on lip gloss and pulled the upper part of her hair in a ponytail. After a moment or two she finally became pleased of how she looked.
She headed to the door, passing by her desk, only to catch a glimpse of something glittering at the corner of her eye. She gazed slowly at the golden bracelet , her mind swarming with thoughts and possibilities, till
after some seconds she held it between her hands, like a person who holds a valuable possession, and hooked it around her wrist.