Chapter Sixteen: A turn of events

"Ahem" Grace cleared her throat.

Freddie kept on twirling a strand of her hair while glancing at the menu set upon her eyes.
Liam put a palm on his cheek in bore

"So was it your idea?"

"What?" Grace diverted her attention to him

"I said, was it your idea that we hang out today and here?" He murmured with half closed eyes

"Oh, uh huh" she gulped "Where's Christophe?"

"Clearly not here..." Liam rolled his eyes

"Exactly, that's why I'm asking!!" She snapped

"I don't know" shrugged Freddie

"I thought you're the one who'd know" Grace popped an eyebrow at Freddie

"Who? Me?" Chuckled Freddie "No, he said he had to do something and he'll come soon"

"He didn't tell you anything else then?"

"He didn't tell me"

"Actually, Christophe said that in front of you Grace. Or should I say boss?" Giggled Liam, giving a reassuring smile to Freddie, promising to keep by her side

Dinging melodies echoed as Christophe passed by the glass door and allowed himself in. He searched with his eyes till landing on his 'friends' and he gave them a wave.

"Here he comes" said Liam, straightening his back in the chair

"Sorry for the delay" Christophe said, pulling the chair and seating himself

"No prob..."

"Where were you?" Breathed Grace

"I had some paper work that I didn't finish"

"Though both of them finished" whispered Grace under her breath

"What do you mean?"

"I meant" she glared at him "that if you weren't fooling around, you'd have finished earlier" she then made a side wicked glance to Freddie

"Grace you know quite well how hard I work!" Christophe raised his voice

"Oh sorry, did I really annoy you with the truth?" She laughed "If the person who made you procrastinate you work did that to his work too, that person wouldn't be here as well"

"I am sorry , did I miss something?" Coughed Liam

"Who are you referring to?" Christophe eyed her with angry eyes

"Nobody"

"I guess we should order something" suggested Liam, not waiting for an approval. He called the waiter and asked for their orders. Once they all gave up the fight and made up their minds about what to eat, Grace got back to her silent mode. She stole glances now and then on Freddie and Christophe, merely ignoring the presence of Liam. She didn't know what took over her, but she knows that once you entered a game, the only option preferable is to win.

Freddie tried as hard as she could to ignore Grace and her occasional harsh and blaming remarks, but with every word she says , Grace would find the best reply to hit her with. Liam soon understood what was going on, and once the conclusion made it self visible in his mind, he held himself away from the discussion and just observed.

"Excuse me, I'll go the restroom" smiled Freddie innocently then walked away

Grace started tapping her nails on the table nervously. At that moment, none of their talks seemed important or woth listening to. After a minute which seemed like a whole hour to Grace, she too excused herself and went after Freddie, feeling the burning stares of both men on her back.
The door was powerfully opened by Grace's hand as she stepped inside, noticing the slim figure of Freddie standing by the sideways-long mirror. Freddie was applying lipstick on her already moist lips, and adjusting some strands making them fall on her eyes. She approved the approach of Grace behind her, but she didn't interrupt her actions.