Chapter Twenty Three: Breaking Down

A perfect explanation. Those words roamed her restless mind uncontrollably, uncaring to the screams of her tired thoughts and pitiful heart. The chaos continued to expand around her as she took her hesitated steps toward the house she remembered going to for ages. The house, she recalled, laughing in and creating the only happy memories left for her. She galnced once again at the small fence before pushing it open and dragging herself to the front door before she changes her confused mind.

Ding Dong, the usual tone, but it went like a single voice in an abandoned building, an echo in a cold cave and a blown away call in the desert. Grace shifted her legs nervously on the door step, rethinking the idea thoroughly, but when she was about to turn around the door creaked and a tired red eye peeked from behind.

"Grace?" He murmured in shock, eyes never leaving her hair

"May I come in?"

He was silent for a moment before opening the door widely and letting her inside.

"You look awful" she said, scanning him.

"You look bad yourself, Grace. May I ask why have you come?"

"Just checking on my friend" she said, remembering Eric's words

"Now you notice I existed?" He gave out a sarcastic laugh

"I have been through a lot myself, Christophe!"

"And you think none of us have? Do you know the feeling you get when you think you might be the next one? The fear that possesses you throughout your entire day for weeks!" He gritted his teeth hurtfully as he spoke. Grace looked at the huge bags under his eyes, and how skinny he got since she last saw him, since they fought...

"I am sorry, Chris" she whispered

"The business is breaking and Mr. Robinson is devastated. Even if we're working, everyone is shaking from limp to limp, thinking they might be the next. People are afraid to deal with us, we recieved many rejections and cancelations of preplanned deals. It's all over now"

Grace kept her lips sealed, unable to mouth a single word. Somehow, she felt that everything was her fault, everyone was helpless because of her. Yet, her guilt turned into anger, hate and crave for revenge from the person who crumbled her life like a piece of paper and tore her soul apart.

"I see he told you too" Chris remarked

"About?"

"Her"

"So you knew..." She gaped in amazement, involuntarily touching her hair when receiving a yes from him. "I wonder how much do you know" she murmured under her breath

"Would you stop that already!" He yelled "Talking riddles and throwing accusations! Do you think I am stupid?"

"Then answer what I previously asked!"

"You understand nothing..." He smirked hurtfully

"I guess we should get past this sentence already"

"The girl you thought I hooked up with, she was with Liam, Grace..."

"Liar!"

"The girl you hated and threatened and may have even killed, liked Liam"

"Liar!" She shouted hysterically "I saw you together! You holding her hand, and laughing and... You are lying!"

"That was Liam, Grace! I beg you stop it!"

"I don't believe you!"

"Liam held her hand, Liam laughed with her, Liam sat with her most of the time and even trained her instead of me when I offered" he continued, seating himself at the near chair while his face became more and more grave every second
"You threatened her without a reason, why?" He looked up at her with tearful eyes "Is that what you did to Catrina too? Is it?" A tear strolled down his cheeks
"Liam hated you after that, he always thought you had something to do with it, but I pushed his thoughts away. Now you claim I did it?"