Epilogue

Two years later

Sun light is creeping through the half opened curtains to the luxurious bedroom. The sheets are unmade, and the place has it's air of warmness. It was in the early morning.

Eric smiles to the reflection in the long mirror, not to himself, but to Grace who is helping him put his tux on for work. Her bright grin mended his heart effortlessly, he can't be more grateful for her recovery. Grace is standing in front of him, tying his tie perfectly and raising her almond eyes slowly to meet his.
He can't be more grateful, he says to himself as he plants a soft kiss on her lips.

Grace returns back to her desk and sit, crossing her legs. She pushes the neck-length strands behind her ear and holds the pen once again. While she daws random shapes across a paper, Eric returns with a glass of water and a small white pill.

"Don't forget your medicine, love" he says lovingly before kissing her forehead, holding his briefcase and heading to work.

Grace holds the pill in her hands, eyeing it coldly before she opens a drawer then a small container inside her box of sewing items and placing the pill in it to join the other ten abandoned ones. She drinks the glass in one gulp and holds her pen with more determination. Taking out her diary, she writes down in clear letters:

"It's been three months since I've been released. I was 'improving' as they say, taking the useless medicine they offer. I can't now, I've stopped taking any, I know it's useless.
They think I am insane, but they are wrong.

I know he is there, I am sure of it...
I will prove it to them."