4. Leap of time

3 YEARS LATER:

The war was over, the United states of America had made the Confederate states of America, the states of America that had left the UN over the disagreement on the abolishment of Slavery. Thank god, I could return home now, with the beliefs I had, the ones that had won. I can't wait to see Stefan after this long, there's one person I will definitely never see again though, Elijah, I had spent 3 of my birthdays without him, I'm 25 now, Stefan is 17 two days later, the days in which I hopefully reach home in, Gieusuppe will be super pissed about the fact that the Confederates had lost, but I'll take whatever punishment that comes my way, I have been through so much in my time serving the army that I don't care about punishments anymore.

I boarded the train to mystic falls in my old clothes, finally out of that ugly and disgusting confederate army uniform, I never have to go back again, something I'm glad about. I had an entire compartment to myself for two days where I would spend my entire time sleeping since I refuse to stay awake after such a hard time in the confederacy, they didn't even let us sleep for 5 hours, we had to stay high on Adderall and caffein just to stay awake and keep fighting and training. I stayed awake the two hours before my stop arrived. I had packed my stuff before my stop came because my stuff was all over the place. Once my stop came I ran down onto the platform.

 I had 100$ left which I paid the cart driver to drive me back to the Salvatore boarding house, once I got down I asked the driver what was the date, he said "November 1st sir" I said "Thank you" and he drove away, it was early morning and it was Stefan's birthday, my timing was perfect.

I ran over to the boarding house and barged in I shouted "Stefan! Stefan!" and Stefan responded by shouting "Damon, you're back, finally!" and he hugged me tight, I asked him "Did Gieusuppe do something to you? have you been okay these 3 years!?" and he said "Dad hasn't done anything to me, chill" I sighed in relief. My dad from behind said "Ahh, you're back, congrats on losing the war" and I said "Hello to you too dad" and ran up to my room, it was the same as I had left it before leaving to fight the war, I checked beneath my mattress and there was a letter which said

"If you've found this, I know your first thought after coming back was to look beneath your mattress and I thank you for that, just know, I will never move on from you, as a bisexual like you, I could try finding some woman or man to move on, but thats something I would never be able to do even if I tried, congrats, you have me wrapped around your pinky, if you ever feel like meeting me again, come to New Orleans, the gates for you there will never close"

                                                                                                                               -xoxo Elijah"

Tears ran down my face, he didn't even try moving on, he stayed waiting for me and said I could meet him whenever I wanted to again, he used to describe himself as "A bad soul" or "A Vile creature" but in reality He has the kindest heart a person could dream of having