7. The Unfailed rescue

Damon's POV:

We saw Katherine getting captured with Vervain cuffs and a vervain mouth lock after which she was locked into a cage, we went to save her, we fought all the anti-vampire people off and opened the cage, we took the cuffs and the mouth lock off after which we heard gun shots to our back which pierced through us after which Katherine sped away, I felt my life leaving me after which I closed my eyes knowing I would never wake up. I woke up with the daylight piercing through the clouds as the sun rose, Stefan was beside me and the emotionless witch Emily said "You're finally awake, here are your and Stefan's daylight rings, once your complete your transition you will need them" and I said "But how can we be vampires?" I asked Emily, she said "Katherine has been feeding you her blood every single morning, a human who dies with a vampire's blood in their system also turns into a vampire, she took turns sleeping with you both and feeding blood to you both too" and I knew the answer was no, I could not be a vampire without her in this world.

Stefan's POV:

I woke up thirsty for blood and then I saw my brother sitting nearby the river, I looked at my fingers and saw a ring with a bluestone on it and I said "What are these?" and Damon said "Daylight rings, to protect us from the daylight after we complete our transition, I won't be completing mine but the ring looks nice so I decided to wear it, but you should" and I said "Absolutely not, dad was against them, I refuse to displease him" and my brother grinned and said "You do whatever you want to do, I have no problem" I went to my home to say goodbye to my dad and I said "Dad, I am in transition to becoming a vampire, but I won't complete my transition" and he said "I was the one who shot you, to see both my son being with the vampires instead of being against them disappointed me, so I shot you both and now, you're an even bigger disappointment" he took a stake and started coming at me and I threw him across the wall, he hit a spere and fell down, blood started oozing out of him and I couldn't help myself but to taste some myself, I put some of it on my fingers and licked it, completing my transition, I wanted more and dug into his neck.

Damon's POV:

I saw Stefan coming back and he was holding a woman, I asked him "Why did you bring her" and he said "Damon, I completed my transition, its like power is flowing through my body, I'm literally exploding with power, you should too!" and he dug into her neck and I saw blood flowing out of her neck and I put my mouth on it, he was right, my body is exploding with power and I dug into her neck to drain her of blood, after I was done, all my memories started coming back, the compulsion started fading away, as it turns out, Katherine had compelled me to fall in love with her, I was never in love with her, Elijah has always been my true love, she was just compelling me to believe her lies, that bitch, Stefan soon after said "Damon, I just realized, I was never in love with her" even Stefan had the same reaction, that woman was just using us, I told to Stefan "Stefan, from now on, you and me go our separate ways, we may meet up, but we won't be living together" and he said "Thats what I was thinking" we shaked our hands and vamped away.