16. Nothing Ever Lasts Forever

Elijah's POV:

After sleeping with Damon, I took my arm off him, I then put my clothes on and packed all his stuff, Nik was in the opposite room doing the same, I then snuck out of the room and went down to the yard, I met Nik there.

"Elijah, making Stefan and Damon stay with us is too dangerous" Nik said with worry and tension in his eyes.

"I agree with you brother, the number of our enemies has increased too much for us to be able to keep them safe along with our family" I said as I was about to almost break down.

"Elijah, we'll compel them to forget when they met us and every memory they have of us, because only then we'll be able to keep them safe" he suggested.

"And when the time is right, we'll take the compulsion back and get back with them" we both nodded in unison.

I went upstairs knowing that I was about to give myself the biggest heartbreak, but then I had no choice but to do it, or he would be in danger and nothing would break my heart more than losing the person I love.

"Elijah, why is my stuff all packed, are we going somewhere?" he asked me, seeing him looking so cute made me wanna change my mind, but I new I couldn't.

"You've put your clothes on, good" I said with a stoic expression.

"Ok?" he said not understanding anything.

I zoomed to him and looked him straight in the eyes, Tearing I said "You will forget every memory you have of me and you will take your suitcase and leave this place, goodbye Damon"

He picked up his suitcase and walked out the door, I dropped to my knees and started crying, I can't and shouldn't be doing this, he's the one I love, he's the one who loves me, everyone I love I ruin, everyone I love has never loved me, he had the ability to love a monster like me, something not even witches have, he deserves better, not me.

Damon's POV:

I regained consciousness in the middle of a road, looking by I could tell this was New Orleans, but why am I here? I didn't wanna be here, I remember being here because of someone, but I can't seem to remember who, I gotta get the fuck out of here, I dropped the suitcase and zoomed away.

I know this is a very short chapter but I promise when I get out of my writer's block I will start writing long chapters.