Chapter 4

As soon as Malia gets into her house I speed away.

I go down the roads leading to the pack house. I park out side the woods that surround the house and jump out of my car.

I run in to the wood and run a hand through my hair. I yell I frustration. My claws grow sharp and my fangs grow to a point. My eyes change to their glowing blue and fur sprouts out of my cheeks.

Fur sprouts from my body, my bones moving to form my wolf. Soon I'm breathing hard and on my paws. I start to growl then it radiates into a howl. The howl that means a wolf longs for his mate. Who is just out of reach.

I've known her for a few hours but I already know that I love her.

I bark and jump onto trees ripping the bark from the wood.

I stop in my tracks. I hear foot steps. A lot of them. All coming towards my. I arch my back and growl. I look around. The woods becoming a dark shade of red.

I start to charge whatever is coming towards me. I pounce on the person.

"MASON! IT'S ME! IT'S ME!" My little brother, Ethan, yells.

I carefully step off him. I take my paw and swipe at my ear. I shake my head and walk in in circle.

I look at everyone. Parker, Payton, Cameron, Issac, Avery, and Ethan stand I front of me. Their chest heave up and down from running almost a mile from the pack house.

"Mason," Avery says in a hushed tone kneeling next to me,"Can you shift back."

I whimper under my breath and walk behind a tree. I let out a breath and close my eyes.

When I open them I'm back to my normal self I look over my self and notice I'm wearing shorts. I let out a sigh. Thank you mom. (a/n being the alpha of America when every she shift from wolf back to human clothes appear on her body. Mason got like a drop of the gene so like a shirt or a pair of pants or like one sock will appear on his body when he shifts. I know it's weird, just go with it.)

I walk out from behind the tree and see everyone sitting on the grass.

They all stand up as soon as they see me.

"Mason what's going on?" Issac asks.

"Malia." I say and roll my neck.

"What's she got to do with this." Isaac asks.

I lean against a tree and slid down till I'm sitting,"She's my mate."

I put my head in my brands and try to steady my breathing.

"Well are you alright? We heard your howl and the barks, and the growls?" Cameron says

"No I'm not all right! My mate is a human. She doesn't know werewolves are real! so she doesn't know the and bond is real!" I shout standing straight up and I start to pace back and forth.

"Well she's going to find out one way or another. She's your mate. Just because she doesn't know what a mate bond is doesn't mean she doesn't feel any affection towards you." Avery says putting a hand on my shoulder.