Chapter 9

Malia POV

Sunday came faster than I anticipated. It was like wow how did i get here? Well might as well just be a day called its barely even part of the weekend. I mean weekend is the day with out school and no worries. Plus you get to sleep until like 1 p.m. which is pretty amazing. Well the only exciting thing I did this weekend was go on that date with Mason, which was probably the best date I've ever been on. But, no stupid Sunday comes and just steps on my face like I'm a bug. But at least I'm not at home being a lousy potato just sitting on the couch and watching Netflix like the cave dweller I am. So basically i'm working.

You know just filling up the yogurt containers and restocking the paper cups. So not much. I'll be learning how to use the cash register soon. Because like my manager said, their is like only 3 of us or something.

"Hey Malia!" I turn around and notice everyone standing there.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" I ask and put the mop back in the wheely bucket thing.

"Well we just thought we'd visit you on your first day of work. And get some frozen yogurt." Mason says smiling with his hands in his pockets. I notice he has his target uniform on. (A/N I think the part in one of the chapters got erased were I said he worked at target on Sunday's Monday's and Wednesday, I don't know but I'm pretty sure it did so please just go along with it.)

"So are you going to work or coming to work?" I ask and lean on my mop.

"I'm going, I just thought I'd stop by. I can't get yogurt but they can. And speaking of work, I got to go." He he sighs and walks out the store waving and he mutters bye. Which everyone responds with a bye.

"Well I guess we'll just get our yogurt and let you get back to work." Cameron says and Issac rushes over to the cups and starts to fill up his cup with the assortment of flavors that I recently filled.

I pick up my mop and swipe it all over the floor. Soon i get bored and just draw pictures with the water. I put the wet floor sign down and wheel the cart back to the janitors closet. I look at the time, 3:50. I guess I could take my break now. I untie my apron and hand it on the hook with my name on it. I re fix my pony tail and walk back out to the main room. I take a seat next to Issac and he smiles at me before going back to his frozen yogurt.

"So Malia, how did your date with Mason go?" Payton asks smiling at me. I smile and look at the table remembering the events of Friday.

"It was great I couldn't have ever asked for a better night. Mason was so nice, and ah it was just perfect." I answer her question and everyone at the table smiles and looks at each other.

"And I hear you to are going to home coming together." Parker says raising his eye brows.

"Uh yeah, and he also said that i could probably go dress shopping with you too. BUt i can just go by myself If-"

"No no no no no, your coming with us. I mean your basically part of the gang." Cameron stops me and then slurps her smoothie.

'Really? are you sure?" I ask unsure.

"Yeah totally. we wouldn't tell you it if it wasn't true." Payton assures me and I let out a sigh of relief. and mutter an okay.

" I better get back to work." I smile and get up from my seat and go back to cleaning leaving my friends. I cant stop my lips from curling into a smile. My friends.

***

Mason POV

My shift at target was a bust. The didn't even need me. But I still had to say for the the like 4 hours they needed. At least I'm getting paid for doing little to nothing.