Chapter 12

Malia POV

When I woke up All I heard was beeping. I couldn't hear anything else just the beeping. I closed my eyes and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I adjust myself to sit up. I look around only to see the bleached white walls and that I had on a paper robe. It was one of those new ones that covered the butt. Thank the high heavens for that. I took a deep breath through my nose and instantly regretted it.

I can smell everything. I can smell the sanitized air of the hospital. I could smell the coffee some one had outside. The pizza some one had one floor above. What is happening. Why is this happening.

The door clicks open and a doctor comes in with a nurse. I look them both up and down and their is nothing exciting about them. Except the doctor looks like he ate of of willy wonka's umpa lunpas.

"Hello Malia it's Nico to see your awake. How are you feeling?" The doctor asks and sits in one of those wheeling chairs that I always got in trouble for sitting in when I was a kid.

"I'm feeling okay. Other than the fact that I think I'm going insane I'm just okay." I tell the doctor and the nurse scribbles it all down on her clipboard.

"Okay well I'm going to leave so your parents can see you. Uh... use this button if anything goes wrong. okay?" The doctor says placing a button on the side table next to the hospital bed.

"Okay." I whisper. He finally leaves the small room. At least I got a single.

"Oh honey!" My mom says rushing in and kneeling by the bed side and grabs my hand.

"Where's dad?" I ask concerned. I look at my mom, her eyes are our red and tears stream down her face.

"He had an emergency call, a uh... restraint caught fire and he got called in. But he was here okay. He should be here. He just wanted me to tell you that he loves you." She tells me and puts a hand on my cheek. I put mine over hers.

"How long was I out?" I ask lower my hand.

"You've been here for 12 hours. So not long." She answers her voice hushed.

"So it's like 5 in the mourning?" I ask and she nods her head.

My head shoots in the direction of the door as a knock can be heard from the other side.

"I'll get that." my mom says getting up and opening the door. She looks back at me with a semi worried face. The she finally nods her and opens the door wider.

"Hey Malia." Mason says and shove his hands in his pockets.

"I'll leave you two alone, i'll go get some coffee." And with that my mom was out side the door shut between us.

"Oh god Malia are you alright? W-what happened?" He says stutter and and rushing to my bedside. He kneels next to me grabbing the bar thing so I don't fall out if the bed.

"Well I was at the mall and we were at this store and when I was checking out all I heard were these voices. The people speaking weren't even in the store. But I heard them clear as day. I couldn't think straight and the voices only got louder and louder. I couldn't take it anymore and threw my hands over my ears but I could still hear it. And that's all I remember. But when I woke up I could just smell everything. And everything isn't a pleasant smell." I admit to him playing with my fingers. He kinda just stares at me wide eyed.

"You probably think I'm crazy." I laugh nervously.

"No, frankly I've heard crazier." he says and laughs. he grabs my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"How long have you been here?" I ask him

"12 hours." he says and looks at the door like he's embarrassed.