Chapter 15

"Nice job." Dom took the bags from her the moment the cargo bay doors slid open. I knew you could do it. "You alright, Letty?"

"I'm good." She patted him on the shoulder. Shaw was somewhere far behind her, staring at the destruction rained on the interior during Marcus's rescue. Elizabeth had tossed the other bag at her in the hallway, said something about the office door being left open and 'thanks for the help'. "Ramsey, Tej, you're up!"

"Man, I've been waiting to get ahold of this shit." Tej rubbed his hands together as he ascended the ramp, gawking at the stacks of servers on the far left. "Damn, we're going to need a trolley to get all this offloaded."

"Who said anything about disconnecting it?" Ramsey shook her head in disbelief. It would take hours to label, remove and reassemble everything in a SCIF room. That was more time than they could afford to waste. "Leave it where it is. There could be a power surge if we trip something."

"Good point." For all they knew, Cipher had some kind of failsafe programmed or wired into her equipment. Better safe than sorry. "Where do you wanna start?"

"Dom said she had an office?"

He nodded and gestured over his shoulder. Dom had memorised every inch of the plane's layout before tracking down Deckard's mother and meeting her in the pub. "Go past the couches and keep on going till you reach the last hallway. There'll be a corner door on the right-hand side, but it's—"

"Shaw already hotwired it," Letty said. "It's open."

What Elizabeth had failed to mention to Letty was the bedroom had been stripped clean. No weapons, no clothes, no sheets. Everything that might have had trace evidence on it was gone. Damn it. She stepped carefully, avoiding the shattered glass spread over the carpet and the tipped-over lounge chairs. What a mess. Her eyes ghosted over the blood stains, the bullet holes — Elizabeth didn't want to know the details of what her brothers had done.

The office had also been cleaned out too. The servers in the cabinet behind Cipher's desk were still there, her computer too, but the spare clothes stashed in a wardrobe had been removed along with the leather chairs. After checking over the room, she cut a hole in the wall and killed the door's motor.

"It's down here," Toretto's voice carried down the corridor. Footsteps overlayed footsteps, and soon enough, Dom and Letty passed Elizabeth with Tej and Ramsey in tow. "And there's another room back that way," he gestured. "It was where they congregated during jobs."

Elizabeth hurried toward the open cargo bay, keeping her eyes focused on what was ahead of her. If she looked at the floor, noticed the slight red streaks on the soles of her boots, Beth was pretty sure she'd throw up then and there. Don't look. Don't think about it. Someone just spilled a ton of wine.

The moment her feet hit metal, she rushed through the bay, down the ramp, past Hobbs and Deckard, and ducked outside.

"Wh—" The faint sound of dry retching reached Luke's ears. Well that answered that question. "Now we just need to find that truck," he said to himself. That presumed it existed. For all Hobbs knew, Elizabeth had lied through her teeth. "And lock her up permanently."

"You think they'll break it?" Deckard looked towards Hobbs. He didn't doubt Ramsey's skills, or Parker's. It was less a question of ability than time, and how long they could devote to decryption before they moved onto Hobbs' next winning strategy. "It's not like she's got a quantum computer in that bag."

"You're the IT guy," Luke said. "You tell me."

"That was nearly two years ago. Move on."

"You almost killed Elena."