Chapter 22

"Does anyone not understand the situation?" Luke asked. The transport plane rumbled around them, shaking occasionally as it encountered turbulence. Getting their cars in there had meant a tight squeeze, but they'd managed it. "The plans we made, any ideas you have, get thrown out."

He'd scrawled the words 'drive onto the plane and stay there' on a whiteboard before giving the green light to Nobody's men. Two black SUVs had driven into the warehouse, 'collected' the team and left for the highway. With the decoy in place, and everyone bar them unaware of what was happening, the chase had officially begun.

As much as Luke disliked it, keeping the team in the dark had been for their own protection. It hadn't taken much discussion with Deckard either - outside, of course - for him to see that course of action was necessary.

"Get some sleep while you can," Hobbs added. Ramsey had God's Eye running already, searching for the truck. She had indeed narrowed its location down to a fifty mile radius, which unfortunately included a busy highway with plenty of generic white trucks on it, refrigerated or otherwise. "We hit the convoy the moment it's found."

"Night, Dom." Brian pushed his seat back and looked across at the black Dodge and red Corvette. "See you in the morning, Letty."

"Good night, Brian." Dom gave a nod in response before stepping out of his car and walking the two feet to Letty's. She sat in the driver's seat, clutching the wheel firmly with one hand, staring at the GPS installed on her dash. The screen was black, the device turned off. "Hey, babe."

"Hey," Letty said. She stifled a yawn and gestured for Dom to hop in. Tonight, the last thing she wanted was to be left alone with her thoughts. Or Owen's words going around and around the track in her head. "What's up?"

"Just wanted to see how you're doing. Everything okay?"

"Really, Dom?" Years ago, she might've tried knocking some sense into him for asking that. Did he think everything was fucking okay? There was a guillotine named Cipher hanging over their heads. A ghost lurking behind her named Owen Shaw. "Aren't you getting a little tired of asking me that question every time something happens?"

"Sorry."

"Nah." Letty sighed and scrubbed her hands through her short hair. "I'm just tired." Or maybe hormonal was a better term. "But why don't you come here and give me a kiss?"

"You know I love you," Dom said. He popped open the passenger side door and slid in. "I always will."

"I know, Papi." She leaned across the center console, kissing him chastely on the lips. "But you're gonna have to expand that love a little."

There was never going to be a perfect time to tell Dom, or a right time, but he needed to know. She needed him to.

"What're you talking about, Letty?"

"Before I tell you, swear that you'll keep your voice down."

"I will. What's going on?"

"...I think I'm pregnant. I haven't had a chance to buy a test but I'm two months late, at least."

The look on his face sad it all: he had so much love to give that expanding it was a non-issue. He looked down at her stomach then back at her, eyes widening in surprise. "Pregnant?"

"Maybe. But until I know for sure-"

Dom kissed her, silencing her while his hands cupped her face. "Whatever happens, I've got you. You and our baby."

"Dom." Letty pulled away, stopping him in his tracks. Another mention of the B word and she'd knock him on his ass. "This can't change anything. I'm still on this mission with you and the team. I'm not stepping away or going into hiding."