Chapter 21: the hunters

I knock desperately on her door, trying to catch my breath. Jo answered and immediately expressed a look of concern. She grabbed my hand and pulled me in before shutting and locking the door. Jo instinctively grabbed salt from a nearby table and spread it across the bottom of the door. It comforted me yet made me want to start demanding answers. I felt as though I was the only one on the outside of some inside joke. The look in her eyes said it all and she sat me down in the living room with a guilty look in her eyes.

"Listen Andrea, I want to let you know I've not been trying to hide the truth from you. I just didn't want to get you involved if it wasn't absolutely necessary. Now that I've learned you are basically right in the middle of it, I think it's time to come clean." Jo went on to explain to me about hunters and why there is a need for hunters. She told me about the Winchester family business and how her and her mom know the Winchesters. It would all be so unbelievable if I hadn't witnessed some crazy shit with my own eyes. She even explained to me what happened with Sam as a baby and why the boys no longer had a mother. She told me who the yellow eyed man was watching me on the street. Part of me wanted to run and pretend this world didn't exist but the part that loves Dean held me firmly in place. I swallowed hard and asked, "what do we need to do?"

Jo glanced up to the doorway to the dining room and an older gentleman walked in wearing a plaid shirt and an old worn baseball cap. "This, is Bobby. He's also a hunter but he's been in the business a long time and my mom called him in to back me up until Dean and his dad can get here." Bobby produced a half smile and nodded. He then turned to Jo. "I'm with you all the way kid. Let's finally get this son of a bitch and be done with it." Jo smiled and turned back to me. "The plan is to wait it out here until they arrive. We are thinking yellow eyes is after you to lure Dean and his dad in. He's playing with us. I think he wants a family reunion to witness what he plans to do to Sam. He's strong and he's confident but we've got each other and I'm sure we can take him down." I nodded at Jo then jumped in surprise as the front door started to rattle like it was about to be pulled off the hinges. Bobby looked down at us both. "There's no time left to wait around. Let's head over to Sam's and we'll call John and Dean on the way."