63. Bag of surprises

"I never knew some gestures could make a whole zoo arouse down my gut until I met you

"I never knew some gestures could make a whole zoo arouse down my gut until I met you."

----

[A/N POV]

The couple couldn't fathom what they just heard. A shiver ran down the woman's spine when she saw how terrified the little girl appeared. Her tiny hands were bleeding due to the sharp glass object she held, eyes were swollen and reddened with tears.

Jungkook tried to move forward, unable to understand the situation, only to hear the girl's horrified voice again.

"S-stay away!" She dead-planned and the male stood still in his position, his eyes widened and he went speechless.

Y/N bent down to the girl's level and instantly pulled her into a hug, caressing her hair and trying to calm her down.

"Sarang, he isn't-" To the woman's disappointment, she wasn't ready to listen to her and with each second passing, her sorrowful hollers only seemed to be increasing.

"No! H-he'll k-kill you too!" She hysterically shook her head, her lips quivered and the male couldn't believe what he just heard.

In all his twenty-seven years of life, he couldn't even raise his hands, how can he kill someone... That too the woman he loves?

His brows knit in perplexion but soon, he couldn't resist himself from rushing towards the girl because he saw that she got struck by a panic attack and fainted in Y/N's arms. The blood trickled from her tiny little hands and stained her newly purchased peach-coloured sweater.

"Sarang!" Y/N screamed and she lightly tapped on her cheeks, attempting her best to wake her up but it was of no use.

She glanced at Jungkook, who bent on his knees in front of her, her eyes bloodshot, tears threatened to spill anytime and her face drained of colours.

"She isn't w-waking up! Do-"

He didn't let the woman complete her sentence and picked the little girl in his arms, her head rested on his torso and embraced her as if she were his own. He could feel her tiny heart palpitating against his, her soft breaths brushed through the back of his hands.

As much as he wanted to cry, he was aware of the fact that he needed to be strong- for Y/N because the woman who never sheds a tear was on the verge of breaking down today and that just proved how much she adores this girl. There's no way he'll let anything happen to her.

He didn't understand what she meant by all that, for him the first priority was to get her treated and see her safe and sound.

"Nothing will happen to her." He muttered before handing her to Y/N and swiftly dialled the doctor's contact.

Once he returned, his heart clenched when he saw his wife embracing the child, her chin rested on her head and she sobbed silently, tears rushing from her eyes to her face. A small white gauze was wrapped around her tiny hand which was soaked with blood.