75. Kiss of love

"I lost myself trying to love someone who was never mine

"I lost myself trying to love someone who was never mine."

----

"Did you cry?! Why?" The little girl asked, anxiously as she touched her reddened, puffy eyes with her small feathery hands.

"N-no I didn't." Y/N swiftly lied and the girl looked at her for a moment, as if something was going on in her little brain.

Sarang slowly tip-toed and held the woman's shoulders for support as she landed soft kisses on her eyes and cheeks, momentarily taking th woman aback by her adorable actions.

"Momma used to say that the kiss of love lessens the pain. I hope you feel better now." She remarked, remembering her mother's words as her eyes shined with glee, her lips automatically curving up into a delightful smile.

It was astounding for a girl so young to have such deep empathetical knowledge. In all honesty, she was far more emotionally intelligent than any other person in Y/N's life presently. Her small pouty smile made the woman's lips curve up into a smile, her lips trembling and eyes threatening to fall the tears anytime soon.

Y/N couldn't help but sob silently and the girl pulled her into a hug as she whispered soothing words. One might wonder how a five year old was capable of speaking such deep sentences, but this girl was truly an exception.

"You're not my momma but if she were alive, I'm sure she would've been like you and I can't see my momma cry. Please..."

"I- I won't cry. Promise!" Y/N spoke out, stuttering and instantly wiping her tears, smiling for the girl. She finally smiled, a genuine smile after a long time.

Jaehoon stood silently on a standstill as he looked at the moment unfolding, a small smile crept upon his face as he walked towards the duo. Momentarily, he requested Sarang to play on the swing so that he can talk with Y/N and she nodded, giving the two some privacy.

Both of them sat on a bench with a safe distance, as he broke the ice cold silence.

"How have you been?" He asked, being fully aware of her defiant state. She was looking downwards as she mindlessly played with her fingers.

"Anything but fine," She replied, blankly gazing at nowhere.

"Me and Jungkook will get separated soon but don't worry I'll keep Sarang safe with me. If something were to happen to me, my brother will officially take her custody." She continued, blurting out the information, turning towards his direction as his eyes widened in aghast.

'How can she speak something so miserable, this calmly?!' He wondered, his mouth opened to speak something but nothing came out for sometime.

Finally, gathering up all his courage he spoke out with a shaky breath.

"Y/N... I don't know what happened between you two but remember one thing, Jungkook loves you. He might be childish and crazy at times but he loves you more than anyone else." Jaehoon proclaimed as pinpricks hit his throat while speaking.