74. Aftermath

"Life reveals it's true colours at the most unexpected moments

"Life reveals it's true colours at the most unexpected moments."

----

The uncomfortable burning sensation in her neck region resulted in the making the woman's brows cease in discomfort. She clenched the comforter tightly with her palms and her eyes remained shut, pearls of sweat forming on her forehead and it was evident that she was having a nightmare.

In the spark of a second her eyes fluttered open and she jolted up on her position, the IV got pulled along with her and she was breathing profoundly, gasping for air. Her action made everyone stunned and Han Seok instantly walked towards her assistance.

"Calm down, Y/N. You're alright, nothing happened." He engulfed her into a warm hug and consolingly patted her back rubbing soothing circles on it as she gazed at nowhere for a moment until the events of just a moment ago kicked inside her brain.

"O-oppa.... I... J-Jungkook why did he d-do that?!" She wailed in agony as tears fell from her eyes uncontrollably. Her brother's palms clenched into fists as he heard her painful sobs but he couldn't help but whisped consoling words towards her.

"Nothing happened, Y/N." He patted her back but she sobbed continuously.

Yoora and Jinyoung were present there too, but they stood at bay unable to speak a word anymore because this whole scene unfolding was enough of shock for them. They never saw Y/N this vulnerable and even in their wildest dreams, they never imagined Jungkook to be such a douchebag.

Han Seok let the woman cry for as long as she wanted. Once there were no more tears left to cry, she choked and coughed. Her eyes swollen, reddened and puffy as she glanced at Yoora.

She instantly walked towards her with a glass of water in her hand and sat beside her to provide her some mental support.

"How did this... happen?" Yoora questioned, gulping a thick lump formed in her throat as she glanced at Y/N's bandaged wounds on her legs and hands.

Y/N silently gazed at nowhere and took in a deep breath to reveal everything to them.

Meanwhile, Jungkook finally regained consciousness as he woke up and stood still on his bed. His members along with the manager patiently waited for him to wake up.

Manager glanced at him as he appeared to be blank, devoid of any emotions. He was emotionlessly staring at the wedding ring that Y/N always carried. The other ring of the same design was worn by him but the woman he seemed to carry deep feelings for, left his side.

Steadily, with calculated steps manager walked and sat in front of Jungkook whilst slowly taking his hands in his.

"What happened?" He questioned, trying to sound as gentle as possible because he wished to know the entire part of the story. He was certain, there must be a reason for Jungkook to behave this way.