Chapter 7.

I get home from the date around four and I'm greeted with Bailey on the the couch.

"My my my what have you been up to Ms. Bloom?" Bailey says making sure to over exaggerate her  southern accent.

"Blake took me on a lunch date. Thanks for giving him my number without asking by the way." I say as I walk over and sit down next to her.

"Come on I could tell you were into him. I know you only disappeared because of Bellamy." She blankly states.

"Yeah whatever." I roll my eyes as I respond.

"Well did you have a good time?" She asks excitedly.

"Yeah actually I had a great time. We have a lot in common and he's super sweet which I wasn't expecting. But I.." I trail off at the end not sure if I want to continue. Bailey raises her eyebrows and gives me a small shove.

"Spit it out." She exclaims.

"But I..I couldn't stop thinking about the Bellamy situation." I sigh as I finish my sentence. Throwing myself deeper into the couch.

"What happened last night anyways? I just saw Bellamy follow after you then leave shortly after. I assumed y'all got in a fight." Bailey asks with a concerned look on her face.

I tell Bailey everything perusal. Making sure to not make the same mistake I made after graduation. Not telling Bailey what happened was a mistake she's my friend she would never judge me.

"Addy..have you thought even for a second that Bellamy might be trying to tell you that he could finally act right for you..?" Bailey says slowly as if she's scared of my response.

"Even if that's what he was trying to say I don't know if I would believe him." I say. It's true actions speak louder than words. If Bellamy wanted me at all he wouldn't be with Brooke. "He's with Brooke." I speak up again giving my friend a harsh toned reminder.

"If that's how you feel then I'm officially team Blake." Bailey grabs my hand and exclaims as she raises our fist in the air. "Wooo team Blake!" She yells.

I shake my head and chuckle in response.

Maybe she's right. Maybe Blake is exactly what I need right now.

———

Saturday night comes quickly and I find myself getting ready for my second date with Blake.

I stick with a simple band tee and some shorts considering we are only going to the movies. My hair half up half down with a small black bow. It's been my favorite way to do my hair recently.

"Come in!" I tell from my kitchen as I hear a knock on the door. By the time I'm assuming it's Blake.

"Hey pretty." He says as he walks in. His cute greeting that he had made a tradition of makes me smile.

"Hello handsome." I say trying to match his energy. He is handsome though. He's wearing all black vans with tight black skinny jeans. His band tee that perfectly compliments mine. The rings on his fingers give his hands a sexual appeal. And his black shaggy hair is perfectly styled.

"You ready?" He says as he walks over to me and places his hand out waiting for me to grab it. I place my hand in his and give him a nod.

The car ride to the movies is quiet again. Yet not awkward.

We get to the movies and grab our tickets. I insisted on paying for the popcorn and candy since Blake bought the tickets. Blake kindly told me that he wouldn't let me pay on a date.

We head into the theater to see The Conjuring 2. Or 3. I'm honestly not really sure.

"Where would you like to sit?" Blake ask as we round the corner to the theater chairs.