Chapter 14.

It's been two long draining days since I found out about my mom. A lot of sad movies, tissues, and funeral planning. Bailey and I have abandoned our apartment and haven't left my dad's house since Blake dropped us off. We've blocked out the world for these two days. Only talking to people we have to about the funeral. Bellamy and Blake have both texted me but Bellamy seems to still be oblivious to the news. I chose to ignore them both.

I haven't moved from my spot on my family's big red velvet couch in hours. The small cozy room feels so big and empty. The black out curtains on the windows help match the mood of the room to how everyone in the house is feeling. The tv is the only light that's sparkling in the dark room. Playing old episodes of Friends. I think Bailey chose the show because of the people in the back laughing. I feel like she was trying to lighten the dark room.

My phone vibrates on the long glass coffee table and I pick it up to see Bellamy's name displayed across the screen. I didn't plan on answering but my phone slips from my hand and answers for me.

"Addy?" I hear his deep voice ring through my phone making the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

"Bellamy I can't talk to you right now. I'm busy" I lie.

"Adaway please I just want to talk to you." He pleads through the phone. My heart sinks as the sexy raspy deep voice leaves and his tone is now sad and serious.

"I don't care what you have to say Bell. You messed up. Now I'm alone planning my mom's funeral." I blurt out to him in a harsh tone my voice shaking a little at the end the words still hard to say.

"Add.." He starts to speak but I quickly hang up the phone and turn it off. My heart and head can't take anymore today.

Bailey lifts her head up from the arm rest of the couch and looks at me with her face twisted silently asking me what's going on.

"I accidentally answered Bellamy's call." I say softly to her.

"Oh." She says quickly. "And you hung up like that?" She adds with a slightly judgmental tone.

"What do I owe him Bailey?" I ask pushing her to continue taking his side.

"Addy..come on it's not like he didn't know your mom. It's not like you two haven't spent nights staying up until sunrise talking about the effect your mom has had on you. At the end of the day Addy he's still been a good friend for the past few years." She speaks stern but slowly as she calls me out for my callus behavior.

I know she's right. I know I need to grow up and get over myself. Put our personal problems aside and focus on my mom. But Bellamy takes over every thought in my mind. I can't think about anything but him.

What is he doing? What is he thinking right now? What was Brooke doing on his lap? What was he thinking about as she leaned over and whispered in his ear? What did she say?

The thought of Bellamy in my head at a time like this only angers me more. My mother has died but my heart and mind can only focus on the small betrayal from someone I had already expected it from.

"You're right." I sigh as I pick my phone back up and turn it on. I look back up at Bailey and it's as if she can read my mind as she nods and tells me that it's the right thing to call him back.

I pull up Bellamy's name and press call. The phone rings three times and he picks up.

"Adaway..I'm so sorry." He says quickly into the phone.

"Her funeral is July ninth..at three we are going to spread her ashes in the back yard. So the funeral is at my dad's house." I speak slowly into the phone making sure to not have to repeat myself.

"Let me come see you." He speaks sternly to me as he says it. His tone is intimidating but I don't let it persuade me.

"July ninth Bell." I say sternly back. "See you then." I add before I hang up the phone.

I look at Bailey and she's got a small smile on her face. Showing her approval of my kind enough words. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at her. Making her shoot me a quick eye roll back.

A knock on the door makes Bailey and I both jump slightly.

I throw my head back and sigh. I grab the green fluffy blanket that's covering my legs and throw it off me. Slowly pushing myself to stand from the couch and open the door.

"Coming!" I yell as the person at the door knocks again.

I swing the door open and there stands Blake. He looks different this time. He's got ripped light wash blue jeans on and a red faded band shirt on. The light colored clothing looks strange on him but it's not what's making him look so different. I stand there and continue to examine him.

"You got your lip pierced." I say as I finally notice.

"Do you like it?" He ask in a sly tone with a smirk on his face .

"It's cute." I say to him quickly and change the subject. "What are you doing here?" I ask softly doing my best to not sound like I'm being rude. Blake stares blankly for a moment and I take the time to look down at my feet. My baggy Kiss t-shirt hangs to my knees and my Nike socks are faded and worn. I look like a mess.

"I just wanted to see if you need anything." He says softly as he puts his hand high on the door frame and leans in closer to me.

" I brought you and Bailey take out from The Café." He adds with a big smile as his hand comes from behind his back revealing the white plastic bag.

"Oh wow thank you." I say as I reach out and take the bag from him hoping he would understand I don't plan on inviting him in. I look up at him and into his eyes. He's face is gentle but stern.

"Thank you again. We are okay.." I add slowly as I look back down at my feet and take a step further back into my house closing the door just a little.

"Oh okay. Well you just call me if you need me Addy." He says shakily as he pushes him self off the door frame and takes a step back. "I'm sorry again." Blake adds softly as he turns on his heels and walks down my porch steps and towards his car.

I follow his lead and turn on my heels closing my front door behind me and walking back over to the couch.

"We have got to talk about whatever all that is." Bailey exclaims as she waves her hands in the air. I smile and roll my eyes as I plop back down on the red velvet couch.

"God no." I groan out. "Eat and shut up." I say as I shove the food into her lap.

"Yeah yeah." She says as she rolls her eyes back at me.