• 08- 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 •

"Yamanashi , Japan"

Satomi stepped out of the small car and looked around. She's supposed to stay in a little rented house today but most importantly she's here for her mission. This place is nearly 104 km away from Japan and it took at least 2 hours to come here. Satomi sighed as she looked at the ticket in her hands. It's kinda afternoon here already.

She started walking on the streets as the crowed stared at her.

"A high schooler? White hair? Blue eyes?"

In people's eyes jujutsu sorcerers are just some kind of weird exorcist who helps them to get rid of ghosts. Jujutsu sorcerers are some kind of government property but since the payment is high for higher grade sorcerers they don't leave the job that easily. Satomi was thinking what Nanami once told her,

"I was working for money. I had no purpose of living but yet I wanted a peaceful life where I would retire at 40 and move by countryside"

To be honest, life of a sorcerer is tough. They sacrifice everything and wants their comrade to do the same. Jujutsu sorcerers are mentally strong, or they have to be because they have no other choices ....

"Every jujutsu sorcerer dies with regret"

Satomi didn't know what she wanted but she just knew that she as born for this and saving people was her job. It's risky, it's dangerous but yet some people choses this profession to be 'some weird exorcist' . As long as she has motivation to go ahead and save people she'll do it. As long as she breaths she'll continue to save people..... because she was born for this!

She has promises to keep , few people she values, she wanna be with them and moreover she believes that no one deserves those hardships if they've not done anything wrong. The childhood trauma is still running in her blood and she's been carrying it for too long....

"Mount kobushi"

Satomi had been in Yamanashi, Japan for several hours , searching for a powerful curse that was said to roam the Mount Kobushi area. It was a Grade 1 curse, which meant it was extremely powerful and dangerous. She was told to exercise extreme caution when engaging with it. Satomi knew that it would be hard to find the curse like this so she entered into the forest area of it and spelled it,

"Emerge from darkness, blacker than the darkness. Purify which is impure."

A lavender coloured veil was drawn by her over the whole area. It looked lavender coloured from inside but from outside it just looked a big black half circle.

As she was walking through the forest, she saw a local kid who looked lost realising that when she was drawing the veil this kid might've came inside and now is trapped with her. She went up to him and asked if he needed help, but suddenly she was lifted off the ground by a blast of wind. The kid screamed as a massive, shadowy figure emerged from the trees. It was the curse!
Ofc the kid couldn't see the curse but he felt something invisible dragging him towards it. In Satomi's view , that piculiar curse was trying to eat the boy ....alive.

Satomi quickly sprung into action. She used her space manipulation cursed technique to create a vacuum around the curse, sucking it in like a black hole. However, the curse was powerful enough to resist and break free. Satomi was sent flying through the air, but she quickly recovered and went on the offensive. It suddenly threw the kid a side and came at Satomi. The kid hit the tree and and fell on the ground getting few cuts and scratches. A massive tree broke from the middle and fell on the kid trapping him inside in it's hollow stiff wooden walls. Satomi watched it with a pissed off face realising that her own attack caused this instead of hitting the curse!