"That" Girl

"So you'll be there soon?" Elena chirped into the phone, Charlotte's head slightly jolting back at the pitching voice.

"Yeah, is Erica all squared up? I want to make this real special for Lucy." She smiled into the phone, leaning her head back to confirm Lucy wouldn't hear the conversation.

Lucy was far too busy getting ready for her "surprise night" her friends had planned, and though she wished she could stay home for her final night as a normal civilian, the thought of spending a night with friends she hadn't seen in weeks sounded nice. Lucy rummaged through her closet, in search of that one satin, black shirt that showed just the right amount of cleavage.

"Don't worry, Elena. Tim's going to be there. Make sure Erica doesn't let him out of her sight," Charlotte whispered into the device.

"Hey, could I at least have a hint?!" Lucy called out from her bedroom, praying Charlotte would just spoil the surprise so she could be stress-free.

"You might want to wear something sexy, but not too sexy! Oh, and comfortable-ish shoes!" And that was all Lucy needed to know where they were headed. A bar. Lucy had been in awe of this new bar for weeks, though never had the chance to visit because of all her police training.

"Lucy, c'mon, we have to go soon!" Charlotte whined. Quickly, Chen threw on a pair of dark blue, ripped denim jeans, along with booties that were comfortable enough for a few hours. Her hair rested on one shoulder, loosely waved. The cleavage her shirt showed was just the right amount, and her necklace matched perfectly. She made sure to swap out her earrings, throwing on a pair of dainty gold hoops.

Finally, walking out of her disastrous bedroom, Lucy met eyes with Charlotte. Per usual, she looked perfect. Her tight, black curls framed her face perfectly, and her gold jewelry left a glow on her tanned skin. Paired with her hazel eyes, she wore a green, velvet long sleeve, along with a black skirt.

"Woo! Lucy Chen's that girl!" Charlotte chuckled, embracing Lucy in a warm hug. "Elena, we're going to meet you there. Don't be late, and tell Erica we're coming!" She yelled into the phone before throwing it into her purse. Lucy quickly grabbed her own, and made sure to lock her door before exiting the apartment, her arm hooked to Charlotte's as they left.