Uh Oh

"Officer Lucy Chen, badge number 28537."

Tim's skin went pale that exact moment. His pupils were too small, the room was suddenly too hot, and the hairs on his arms stood straight. Shit.

Grey gave Lucy a smile, an approving nod of the head. Grey had heard of Lucy back at the academy and requested she join Mid Wilshire to Captain Anderson himself.

The three rookies sat down, and Grey moved his eyes to the left side of the room.

"Nolan, you'll be riding with Nyla Harper." And Nolan, looked back, giving a smile. Nyla's face was a mix of annoyance and boredom, and her eyes glared at Nolan.

"West, you get Angela Lopez. Treat him with care, got got it Lopez?" The room chuckled. "On it boss," she snickered. She sounded just like the woman Lucy heard in the locker room.

"Now, Officer Chen. Saved the best for last, did I not? You get our finest T.O here, Tim Bradford." He smiled to Tim, whose expression was blank. He simply stared at Lucy as her head snapped back. Her eyebrows curved, and her face went pale. She gripped tightly onto her seat, watching as he squirmed in his own.

***

Grey finished his speech, warning the rookies to not lose their jobs the first day here. Lucy felt uncomfortable in her seat, her skin on fire as she felt Tim's eyes on her.

"That's it, remember, be safe." Grey waved them off, exiting the room and heading back to his office. He had gone through simple procedure with them, reminding the boots to listen to their T.O's.

The officers walked out, faint conversations among them. West and Nolan both met with their T.O's, who each seemed to be lovely.

Lucy quickly got up from her seat, marching over to Tim.

"What the hell?" She started, waving her arms frantically.

Tim was shocked for a moment, taking a small step back.

"You didn't tell me it was your first day as a rookie!" Tim pointed at her.

"I did tell you it was my first day," Lucy raised a finger, "first of all. Second, we should never have slept together! We're both cops." She huffed, crossing her arms.

"I figured you were from a different station!" Tim whispered back.

"God, this is so bad." Lucy began panicking. She waved her hands, beginning to pace in circles.

"Hey, calm down. We'll work this out. Do you want to talk to Grey? He can have you assigned to a different station." Tim grabbed her wrist.

"Different station? No, no! You are going to keep quiet about this, until I figure something out. And I swear, if you get me fired on my first day I'll let everyone know you slept with a rookie." Lucy huffed, walking out and heading to the kit room.