Silent

"Different station? No, no! You are going to keep quiet about this, until I figure something out. And I swear, if you get me fired on my first day I'll let everyone know you slept with a rookie." Lucy huffed, walking out and heading to the kit room.

***

Lucy quickly put the war bags and all other equipment into the trunk of the shop, marching over to the passenger's seat. Tim entered a few seconds later, taking a minute to look over at her.

"You have been introduced to the shop, correct?" Tim's voice was harsh.

"Yes, sir." Lucy replied, keeping her eyes busy as they backed out of the garage.

***

First shift wasn't bad, they had stopped for lunch, and Lucy sat as far from Tim as possible. She sat with Jackson and West, each complaining about their T.O's snide remarks.

"What about you Lucy, Bradford humiliate you yet?" Nolan noticed Lucy's glaring eyes at Tim.

"No,  our ride has been quiet the entire day. I think he's more of a show it guy." Lucy played off her silence, giving off a small smile as she took a forkful of chicken salad into her mouth.

"Boot! Let's go!" Angela called, and Jackson was quick on his feet. Nolan moved closer to Lucy, clasping his hands together.

"You sure you're okay?" John asked once more, a look of concern written clearly on his face.

"Yeah, fine. Just a little tired is all, hopefully that coffee will kick in soon." Lucy smiled, getting up and walking back to the shop.

"What'd you do, tell her about your nose hairs?"Nyla chuckled, crossing her arms as the two T.O's watched her scroll on her phone whilst in the vehicle.

"I'll figure it out," Tim shrugged it off, crumbling his wrapper and throwing it into a bin. He waved off Harper, walking over to the shop.

"You and I are talking after shift, Boot." Tim spoke roughly again, nodding at the dash board's camera.

He continued driving, both their eyes searching for any unusual activity in the busy streets of Los Angeles. Both, of course, still silent for the remainder of their shift.

***

Only a misdemeanor occurred during their full 9 hour shift. And only then did the two speak.

There was no reason for Lucy to be mad at Tim, he hadn't known she would be his rookie. But, she had to put the blame on someone to excuse how stupid she had been, sleeping with a police officer.

"You wanted to talk?" Lucy crossed her arms, looking up at Tim. The night's brisk air hit her face gently, and she chewed on her inner cheek as she waited for Tim to speak up.

"Okay, look. I swear, I didn't know you would be my rookie. We shouldn't have slept together, alright?" Tim crossed his own arms, looking directly into Chen's eyes.

"But..?" Lucy could see he wanted to add on.

"But? But what?" Tim shrugged, walking off to his car.

"You have nothing else to say?" Lucy raised a brow, moving her hands to her hips.

"Nope. We shouldn't have slept together, and we'll keep it at that. If we don't tell anyone, we keep our jobs." Tim gave a sarcastic smile, then hopped into his car and drove off.