Introduction

Lucy met up with Nolan and West again, the three entering roll call room. They sat at the front, after being harshly reminded by an officer.

"Jeez, what crawled up his ass." West scoffed, sipping at his coffee. Lucy and John just chuckled, waiting for all other officers and sergeant to arrive.

***

Tim's mind was still busy running on Lucy, she'd been incredible. So incredible, that he had completely forgotten to come up with any pranks for the new rookies.

As he made way into the roll call, his eyes darted to the first table. Three rookies sat. Their backs were to him, each watching the front of the room. The brunette rookie especially catching his eye.

As he sat down, other officers began flooding through, each settling in as their chatter grew louder.

"You guys meet the new rookies yet?" One T.O started, her arms crossed.

"Yeah, one. That girl, didn't seem like she hated me." The other shrugged.

The two looked to Tim, waiting patiently for his response. When he shook his head, they gave each other a look, both crossing their arms.

A few seconds later, Sergeant Grey entered the room, with a clipboard in hand.

"Today, is a new day." He spoke first, writing the word today on the chalk board, underlining it. "We've got new rookies today. Now, now, let's all try to be nice to them." Greg chuckled, snickering as he rubbed his bald head. Other officers clapped and laughed along, the three rookies embarrassed as they looked down at their table.

"Okay, now. Rookies! Stand up and introduce yourself." Grey spoke confidently. He crossed his arms, and the room went silent as they listened.

"Officer John Nolan, badge number 25253." He stood up, looking directly at the sergeant.

"Officer Jackson West, badge number 33356." A few officers clapped lightly, gasping as they realized the resemblance in name. "Commander West".

Grey looked over to Lucy, her giving him a small smile. He gave one back, nodding his head in reassurance.

"Officer Lucy Chen, badge number 28537."