First Day

Tim left Lucy's apartment that night, a sly smirk on his face as he drove home. He had managed to leave a small slip of paper with him number on it, leaving it on her night stand. Something about this girl was going to drive him crazy.

He arrived home at 2AM, immediately getting into the shower and then into bed.

***

Perhaps he should've asked for her number instead, because the anticipation for a text, that he didn't know if he would receive, was driving him insane. Maybe she wasn't really into him? The thought replayed in his head, whilst he gelled his hair, made his own breakfast, and even entered his truck as he made way to the Mid Wilshire station.

He tried to excuse these thoughts, figuring she was just asleep. It had only been six in the morning, and his shift didn't start until 8. But, he had a new boot to bark at, and he hoped that would take his mind off the wonderful and mysterious woman from last night.

***

Lucy woke up extra early that morning, regretting having gone to bed so late. Though, not a single part of her regretted meeting Tim last night. He was wonderful, really. He was very attractive, and very good at communication, in more ways than one. She had seen the number on her night stand, and had every intention to call him tonight, in fact, she had already saved his number.

Lucy finally exited her hot shower, scrunching up her hair into a towel as she began to get ready for the day.

She let her hair dry, getting dressed and doing her makeup. She wore only mascara and a bit of blush, along with a tinted lip balm. Lucy's outfit was simple, a pair of light washed jeans, a white blouse underneath with a thin, black jacket paired. Her hair was naturally curled, and her black booties paired perfectly with her outfit.

Finally finishing, Lucy grabbed her backpack, pulling it over one shoulder and exiting the apartment.

***

Lucy giggled as she met with John and Jackson, linking her arm with Jackson's. Nolan gave an expressive smile as they stood in front of the Mid Wilshire Station. Their first day.

"Whatever happens, we've got each other." Jackson said, earning snickers from Nolan and Chen. "Agreed." Called Nolan, making way to the double doors.

The station was familiar, they had gone in for a tour a few days ago. Immediately, the three received a few looks from other officers, some sympathetic, others annoyed.

Nolan and West left Lucy to enter the locker room, and Lucy soon after scanning the room once more entered the women's locker room.

Immediately, she was met with kind faces. A few were sat at the benches, fixing collars, others at the mirrors fixing their hair. Lucy smiled, searching for her designated locker. An officer, a very intimidating one, approached Lucy, leaning against the blue lockers.

"Hey, you!" The woman spoke loudly.

"Oh, hi! I'm Lucy," Lucy offered a smile, reaching out her hand.

The woman then looked down, scoffing as Lucy awkwardly pulled her hand back. She fidgeted with her locker, waiting patiently for the woman to speak up again.

"Boot, you introduce yourself to Captain Anderson yet?" She crossed her arms, raising a brow.

Lucy shook her head, trying to hold back a small smirk. She had heard about this back at the academy, T.O's punking rookies their first day.

"You do that," she walked away, another woman following behind her.

Chen simply nodded, scoffing as she continued to work with her hair. By the time she finished, she had done two french braids leading into one bun, and had ten minutes remaining before roll call.

***