Boy Toy

"You need a ride home?" Tim rose from the bar's stool.

"I should be okay, my friends drove me here." Lucy tripped on her feet, holding onto Tim's arms for support. Tim nodded, letting his eyes bore into hers for a moment. Her eyes were honey-like.

Lucy turned over to find her friends, but their booth had been cleared of all glasses. The three girls were gone, and a couple was walking toward the booth.

"He- hey.. maybe I'll take that offer after all." Lucy moved her head to the side, Tim scanning the room for his trouble maker of a friend. The woman giggled, squeezing tighter onto Tim's biceps.

"Well, let's go." Tim smiled, both paying then leaving the bar.

"And he's a gentleman? Oo la la," Lucy giggled, hopping into Bradford's truck. He had opened the door for her, and was frankly surprised at how willing she was to enter his car.

"You know, it's probably not best for me t- to have gotten in your car. Stranger danger." She laughed, batting her eyelashes at the gentleman.

"Well, then, it's a good thing I'm a cop. Sworn to protect you." Time smiled. Perhaps he shouldn't have told Lucy that he was an officer, but by the look on her face, she didn't seem to mind.

"Interesting.. me too!" Lucy punched his arm, then buckled her own seatbelt.

"I find that hard to believe." Tim started his car, beginning his drive slowly.

"Nope, I start at a new station tomorrow actually," the brunette smiled, eyes then enlarging at the realization. She was so caught up with this mysterious man she completely forgot about her first day.

⊹ ⊹ ⊹

"Took you a while to give up your address. Maybe you are a cop.." Tim narrowed his eyes, holding out his hand so Lucy could exit the car.

"Told you!" Lucy began walking to her apartment complex, running a hand through her hair.

"I'll believe it when I see it." The man scoffed.

The two finally made it to Lucy's door, Tim's arm still lingering around her waist. "You wanna come in?" Lucy offered, searching through her hand bag for her keys.

"I shouldn't.." Tim hesitated, nervously stuffing his hands into his pockets. Lucy shrugged, clicking the key into her lock and entering her home. Tim peeked for a moment, watching Chen enter her apartment. He opened the door slightly, watching Lucy push her hair to one shoulder, and begin to remove her shoes.

She looked back once, catching Tim's eyes before she began to bring her top past her head. At that moment, Tim walked in, closing and locking the door behind himself.