𝟎𝟐𝟏

Nostalgia

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

You didn't really look around while Shuichi was trying to find the purpose of the objects. You spent your time in your Research Lab, a place that you grew very fond of.

You danced to Amilcare Ponchielli's 'Dance of the Hours', completely at peace. When you finished, the sound of clapping startled you. You looked at the entrance and saw Rantaro looking at you impressed.

"Bravo! Such a wonderful performance, as expected from the Ultimate Ballerina," he complimented.

"Oh! Thank you," you smiled in return and gave him a little bow.

"Everyone's finished looking around and are gathering the gym. We're waiting for you."

"Oh! My bad! I can get so caught up in the music that I forget that time stops for nothing."

"No worries, you're fine."

You hopped down from your stage and, right behind Rantaro, made your way to the gymnasium. About halfway there, Rantaro stopped and turned to look at you. His face had turned more serious.

"Huh? Is something wrong, Rantaro?" you asked.

"... You must not remember..." he murmured.

"What...?"

Rantaro grabbed your shoulders and looked you dead in the eyes.

"Y/N... I watched every other season... and you were in all of them, but you just didn't know it. You were also in the season that I was in, but I was unable to protect you... But don't worry... I'll make sure that nothing bad happens to you this time, my love..." He stroked your cheek gently, his green eyes examining your face. He then smiled softly. "Heh... Still as beautiful as always."

"What? What are you talking about, Rantaro?"

You pulled your face away, but he quickly drew you back in.

"No... Don't pull away... Please... I've been waiting for you all this time... I don't want to let you go again... Especially after I wasn't able to confess to you how I felt..."

"Rantaro-"

Before you could reply, Rantaro placed a light kiss on your lips. They felt... soft. The kiss itself was soft. It was very quick, and when he pulled away, he looked deeply into your eyes, as if trying to find something.

"If only remembered me... Things would be a lot easier..." he muttered. He shook his head and stepped away, his normal chill smile back. "Sorry about that. That was a total envasion of your peraonal space. I was just feeling nostalgic. Come on, let's go meet up with the others."

He turned and walked away, pretending that he didn't just kiss you. You just stood there, still recovering from the shock. First Korekiyo... and now Rantaro? It made no sense... After taking a few moments to process what just happened, you followed after him on shaky legs.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

A/N: This chapter is a hot mess.

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════