𝟎𝟐𝟔

For You

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

        The next day, you were on your way to your Research Lab when Kirumi stopped you. She smiled softly, though you could tell in her eyes that she was worried about something and she didn't want you to know.

"Hello, Y/N," she greeted.

"Hi, Kirumi? Do you need something?" you asked.

"Oh, no, it's not of great importance... I was just wondering if you would like to spend the day together. We haven't spent much time with each other, and I thought it would be good to make connections."

You were a bit confused, but you agreed to her offer. And so, you spent the day with Kirumi. It was mostly you talking and doing things while Kirumi listened intently, but you enjoyed the company.

As the day dragged on, she seemed to get more and more worried. At the moment, you were in the library, listening as Kirumi read you a book when she sighed and shut it.

"Hm? Is something wrong, Kirumi?" you questioned, looking at you in concern.

You've never seen her like this before, and you could tell that something was off. She slid the book away and looked you dead in the eye. She reached over and stroked your cheek with her gloved hand, smiling ever so slightly.

"You remind me of a child... So sweet, yet so energetic..." she murmured, "... Y/N... Can you make a promise to me?"

"... Of course, Kirumi."

"... No matter what happens... No matter what horrible things I may do... will you forgive me...?"

"Um... yeah...? Kirmi, what's going on-"

"Shush... Just... I just needed to know that... I couldn't stand you hating me."

She pulled you into a tight hug, something very out of character for her. At that moment, the body discovery announcement went off. Your eyes widened, suddenly understanding what was going on. You looked up at Kirumi with wide eyes.

"Kirumi... you didn't...?" you stuttered, unable to find the right words.

"I'm so sorry... I had to... for my people... for you."

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════

A/N: Ummm.... Yeah, I needed to add some last-minute yandere stuff for Kirumi before she went away... So... I played co-op in Genshin for the first time! It was really awkward, ngl, but it was also my first time seeing Fontain!

══════ •『 ♡ 』• ══════