Chapter 2 - The Fall of Beacon; part 2

~ Normal pov ~

~•~

Russell Thrush and Sky Lark from team CRLD are easily defeated by Penny and her teammate, Ciel Soleil, in the doubles round of the Vytal Festival tournament.

~•~

After the match, as they are leaving the arena while Penn is waiting for his twin and the rest of her team, Ruby is heading over to Penny and Penn.

Ruby: Penny!

Penny: Ruby!

Penny said as she and her brother both dashes at Ruby and hugs her, knocking her to the ground.

Ruby: Why...?

Ruby asked the twins with strained voice. The twins both got up energetically and Penny gestures to her teammate and her twin brother.

Penny: Ruby, this is my teammate. And this is my big brother, Penn.

Ciel: Ciel Soleil.

She bows formally.

Penn: Salutations, Ruby Rose! I'm so glad that my little sister had made friends with you. Any good friends of hers are also my friends and I hope we will get along.

Penn smiled at Ruby.

Ruby: Hi! I'm Ru--

Ruby got interrupted when she's about to introduce herself.

Ceil: Ruby Rose, 15, hails from Patch. Leader of team RWBY. Status: questionable

Ruby is silent for a second before turning back to her two friends.

Ruby: Soo...guys! You guys were incredible out there. How do you keep control of all of these swords? It's so cool!

Ciel looks at her watch and gestures at it to the twins as she called out to them.

Ciel: Penn, Penny? I believe it is the best if we move on to our next location.

The twins both look at each other and nodded before the older twin exchanges a look with Ruby before asking his little twin sister's teammate.

Penn: Could we have just a minute to talk?

In response, Ciel check the time, then takes a step back and nods, starting the countdown.

Ruby: So, is she...your friend or...

Penny: Well, in a way. She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you.

Ruby: Oh. So, Weiss.

Penn: Precisely.

Ruby: Does she know about...y'know...beep boop bop, does not compute?

Ruby asks the twins as she lowers her voice and moves her body abruptly as if imitating a robot, leaving her arm to hang with a noticeable squeaking sound.

The twins both shook their heads.

Penn: Oh no. General Ironwood doesn't really want anyone to know. There was an incident with a magnet, but Penny was able to play it off.

~•~

~ Flashback ~

To the Vytal Festival grounds with Ciel and Penny, who's wearing a large sun hat. The wind picks up and lifts the hat from her hair, revealing the aforementioned magnet on her skull, Penn noticed the situation and gestures his sister as he's pointing his head and getting to understand what he's trying to say, Penny quickly shoves the headgear back on before Ciel turns back around, making Penn sighed in relief.