Chapter 9 - Blake's Story

~ Normal pov ~

~•~

Blake watches the ocean water as she journeys on a passenger ship. As the trip continues she jumps at minor noises several times. The captain of the ship approaches her, looking to befriend her and learn her story. He quickly realizes to his amusement that she would rather be left alone. After he departs, Blake removes her bow and was about to let the ribbon go but she had the second thought and decided to put it in her pocket. She turns, not seeing the hooded figure watching her or the moving scales in the water.

Blake was peacefully relaxing on the railing, watching a faunus couple walk past her and it made her sad to know that she had abandon Rave after Beacon before even just realizing that someone has been watching her when a Sea Feilong

attacks the boat. She immediately goes into action as does the both captain. The hooded figure is reviewed to be Sun when he tosses off his disguise to join in on the action. Blake is not happy to see him, but she accepts his help.

As the fight continues, the Sea Feilong reveals its hidden wings within its dorsal fin and attacks from the air, sending electronic blasts at the ship and the two combatants. However, that Captain comes up with a plan and together they take out the Grimm. Everyone onboard the ship celebrates. Blake, however, wants answers from Sun, after giving him a solid slap on the face.

Sun states that he had been following her ever since she left Vale the night Beacon tower fell and he figured that she was on a one-woman mission to attack the White Fang and would need help. Blake reveals that she is actually just going home to Menagerie so that she can think things though. She also reveals that Rave is the only one who understood her and the reasons for what she must do. For Better or worse, Sun is coming along.

~•~

In the next day, Blake and Sun both arrive at Menagerie, where Sun is noticeably surprised by how crowded it is. Blake tells him that two-thirds of Menagerie is desert filled with dangerous wildlife, leaving the faunus little room to create a settlement. Despite this, Sun is still noticeably awed by the sight of Kuo Kuana and expresses interest at the protest of staying around Menagerie, telling Blake that he feels "pretty at home" there. Both Blake and Sun are on their way to the largest visible building; Blake's home.

They both then walked up to the house's door, right in front of the big doors. Blake was about to knock, but she hesitated.

Sun: What is it?

Blake: I...um...

Blake trailed off.

Blake: It's just been a long time since I've seen my parents.

Sun: Well, you came all this way.

He replied. Blake took a deep breath and knocked on the door. It did not sound like a door, it sounded more like a drum. Sun and Blake both took a step back from the door.