Chapter 12 - Welcome to Haven

~ Normal pov ~

~•~

Weiss: So, how much farther?

Weiss asked. The cargo ship was still flying to Mistral after she and Lily both left Atlas by secret.

Pilot: We're on the homestretch now. No more stops from here to Mistral. Sorry for the long trip. Keeping us off the radar's been harder than I thought. Lots of air traffic up in Northern Anima.

The pilot answered.

Weiss: It's fine. I...just hope I haven't been a burden.

Weiss replied.

Lily: Weiss, I'm pretty damn sure that you have NOT been a burden since we got on the ship.

Lily reassured.

Pilot: You should listen to your friend. You, her and your money are more than welcome on this ship.

The pilot agreed.

The radio then started to act up with static noises.

Pilot: What the...?

The pilot adjusted the frequency to make out the message.

Weiss: Is...everything okay?

Weiss asked.

Pilot: I'm not sure, we're still over Lake Matsu. Shouldn't be picking up broadcast this far from Mistral.

The pilot informed.

Pilot: Someone must be out here.

"Mayday! Mayday! We are a small passenger flight and our huntress is down! We aren't equipped to deal with this!"

The sudden voice from the radio caught everybody by surprise.

Pilot: Oh man.

"The Grimm hit us four-hundred klicks north of the southern shoreline!"

An explosion then occurred from the radio, concerning Weiss and Lily both by a dramatic amount.

"Get them off us! If anyone can hear this-"

Another explosion was then heard from the radio, making the pilot cut off the transmission and fly a bit to the west.

Weiss: We are going to help them, right?

Pilot: What?! No! I'm trying to avoid them!

Weiss: But...they'll die.

Weiss frowned.

Lily: We can't just leave that unattended.

Pilot: Look, if we picked up their transmission, I'm sure someone else did too. Besides, this is a cargo ship. She's not much good in a fight. I just want to finish this job and get home. Sorry kids. My ship, my rules.

The pilot explains.

Lily: That's just great.

Lily sighed, going through her hair with her right hand, while Weiss put her hand on Lily's shoulder, to comfort Lily and she put her hand on top of Weiss'.

The ship began to boost as it headed for Mistral.

~•~

In Mistral, Qrow and team RNJR had met Apollo and they all made their destination and they were in right in front of Haven Academy. Ruby drew a tear as she saw the sight before her.

Ruby: We made it.

Ruby says as she wiped her tear off of her eye and they walk inside but Qrow and Apollo both felt that something is off as they both stayed behind, but they both shrugged it off and went into the academy with the students.