Chapter 0.7 - Prologue: Orange

~ Normal pov ~

~•~

Sonya Khan stood solemnly at the grave, where she is standing in the middle of the forest, but not just a forest but her favorite one and also today that the weather is raining, gazing down at the tombstone that marked the resting place of her late father, Diego Khan. A heavy sigh escape her lips, as she whispered.

Sonya: Well, Dad. It's been both heartbreaking and comforting to see you again.

For many years ago since her father died during his mission, things didn't turn well for her and her mother. The weight of her grief lingered in her heart but she found strength and sharing her family's updates.

Sonya: Mom has been facing her own battles, but she's managing. But she's becoming alcoholic to work since she's the leader of the White Fang. Let's just say that we don't get along anymore since things are not pretty good and got worse.

Sonya explained softly, her voice tinged with a mix of sadness, resilience and mostly disappointed.

Sonya: I have been going to Haven Academy to become a huntress and I'm adjusting remarkably well.

A tender smile graced her face at the thought of what she's been through. As she turned her attention back to the grave, Sonya's trembling hand reached up to wipe away the tears that threatened to fall.

Sonya: Mom misses you...I misses you so much...

Sonya confessed, her voice barely a whisper. A wave of grief and sadness washed over her and she instinctively wrapped her arms around herself for comfort.

Sonya: Even after all these years, the void you left is still there.

Sonya continued. Lost in her thoughts, she was suddenly jolted back to reality by the sound of splashing sounds.

It was the Grimm, drawn to her melancholy like moths to a flame. Irritation mingled with her sorrow as she growled at the approaching creatures.

Sonya: You creatures got a lot of nerve of you all to come here to interrupt her moment with her dead dad without you pests interrupting?!

Sonya shouted out. The Grimm paid no heed to her frustration and continue to advance their menacing presence looming.

A determinated glimmer dance in Sonya's eyes and a smirk played on her lips.

Sonya: You want to fight, you heartless creatures?

Sonya challenged, her voice brimming with newfound resolved. With a swift motion, she unsheathing her dual blade.

Sonya: Then, I'll give you a fight like you never seen before!

She yelled out and then she twirl her duel blade. Her blade transformed to a bow and arrow form of Predator's Edge, with her semblance activated.

Sonya's movements made her blur. As the Grimm launched forward, she ducked and weaved, her body agile and nimble.

She effortlessly sidestepped their attacks, her senses heightened. The wet mud beneath her feet easily registered as she started between the creatures, her strikes precise and calculated.

With each shot of her arrows, Sonya unleashed the kinetic force of her arrow, sending the Grimm flying through the air. The clash of metal against bone resonated in the still nigh.

Sonya maneuvered effortlessly, striking with calculated precision. She ran among the Grimm with her semblance and speed as if stalking the prey from the predator, kept on shooting arrows, severing the dark essence with every precise movement.

But, the Grimm were relentless, their numbers seemingly endless. As one lunged at Sonya from behind, she spun on her heel, meeting the creature's attack head-on.

She changed her bow back into a dual blade form and clashed against the claws of the Grimm, sparks flying as their forces collided. With a burst of energy, she pushed back.

She launched herself into the air, her body soaring above the battlefield. The Grimm looked up as Sonya dashes down like a tiger went straight through the preys.

Her blade sliced through the Grimm, severing the dark forms with each strike. Her speed was unmatched as she dispatched the creatures with grace and ferocity.

The rain around her was stained crimson but it begins to washes the stains away, as the Grimm fell one by one. Finally, as the last Grimm dissipated into nothingness, Sonya stood amidst the aftermath, her chest heaving with exhaustion.

The silence of the day settled around her as the rain has stopped, the clouds has been uncovered the sun to release it, to brighten up the day, but broken only by her ragged breaths. She looked down at her weapon before sheathing it.

Sonya: Rest well, Dad. I have a job to do, hoping that our dreams will come true and I will make sure of it.

Sonya whispered, her voice carrying her gratitude with determination to the heavens. With a final sigh, she continued on her journey to the ship, to know where it will take her.

As she leaves, the background becomes completely orange with a black silhouette of Sonya in the middle with leaves falling down.

~•~