58: Beth

Harry pushed me one last time before stepping back so he wouldn't get hit in the balls by my feet. I let go of the metal chains attached to the swing and closed my eyes and inhaled, it had just rain before we got here so the air smelled like wet pavement and grass, I loved it. I quickly grabbed back on to the metal chains when I felt like I was going to fall face first into the mulch.

"Holy shit Beth," I hear Harry exclaim behind me, "You can't just let go of the bars, they're there to protect you from falling!" He finishes and walks around to the front of me, I suppress a giggle from escaping my mouth at his overprotectiveness and slow down to a stop, Harry walks to my swing placing his hands over mine on the metal chains, his hands were warm and a comfortable change from the cold metal. He moved his sunglasses down the bridge of his nose and narrowed his eyes at me. I sheepishly smiled.

"Come on Harry if I were to fall, you would catch me anyways." I say with a shrug and I can see Harry's 'serious' face faltering when the corner of his mouth twitches up but he quickly regains his posture.

"Nah, I think you would break my back." He says and I gasp and playfully push him away from me. I get up from the swing and dust off my butt from any dirt that may have been on the swing, I looked back over my shoulder to make sure I got everything, but suddenly I was lifted up into the air put onto Harry's shoulder, the back of Harry's black and red plaid shirt was all I could see.

"Harry! What the hell put me down!" I exclaimed, his whole upper body vibrated with laughter.

"Nope!" He says and then begins jogging to somewhere else on the park. I decide to not fight it and just enjoy the ride, I mean as long as I didn't have to walk anywhere, oh how lazy am I? The next few things happened so quickly I didn't even get to process them.

First off, I hear Harry grunt and then BAM we hit the ground, me beneath him and him sprawled across my stomach. I immediately grab the back of my head that hit the grass kind of hard and all, I groan at the pain and the weight Harry is putting on my stomach.

"Where the hell did you learn to walk?" I question Harry as he sits up, for a second I swear there are two of him standing over me. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion when he kneels down over me blocking the bright sun, he succeeds in pulling me up into a sitting position.

"Shit, sorry Beth there was definitely a rock the size of a football just laying around, I didn't see it, I'm so sorry babe." Harry explains as he frantically searches my head for any signs of blood or something. I nod understanding as it wasn't anything to get too upset over.

"Here let's get you to that bench." Harry says and points to a wooden bench not too far from where we are. He then helps me to stand and when he sees that walking will be kind of a problem for me, he turns around so that his back is facing me and crouches down.

"Um what?" I ask confused.

"Get on my back Beth," Harry says, "You obviously have a concussion or something." I shrug and then gently jump onto Harry's broad back. He holds my legs up with his hands and I wrap my arms loosely around his neck, I also let my head rest on his back, it's pretty comfy up here.

"Here we go." Harry says as he sets me down first on the bench. He sits down next to me and moves some stray hairs from my face, "I'm sorry again." Harry says and kisses my forehead, I secretly melt inside at his caring gesture. He's such a sweetheart I hate it.

"Geez Harry stop apologizing it's okay." I say with a smile when he pulls away.

"Well look what he have here." I hear a Bradford accent and snap my head to see Zayn walking towards us with a girl. My smiles drops and Harry grabs onto my hand.

"What the hell do you want?" Harry speaks first in his 'intimidating' voice when Zayn and the girl stop in front of us.

"Oh just here to show Beth the real you." Zayn says with a smirk and then he snaps his fingers, it reminds me of the way Luke once snapped his fingers and had Harry jumped. I brush off the thought when the girl that came with Zayn steps forward and crosses her hand over her chest that was threatening to spill out over her tank top. I can feel jealousy running through my veins.

"Harry, how've you been?" The girl directs her question to Harry, I look confused from the girl who has a seductive smirk on her face to Harry whose eyes look down, I notice his grip on my hand loosen a little.

"What are you getting at Zayn?" I ask, Zayn doesn't answer or pay attention to me, no one does and the girl continues.

"I've been fine not that you care. Surely I thought you would've called after that night, you said yourself that I was so amazing." The girl says and when Harry doesn't say anything I snatch my hand out of his and stand up, he looks up at me.

"What the hell is she talking about Harry?" I almost yell, although I kinda have an idea about what she is talking about, obviously her and Harry had some type of one night stand and I don't know how recent it was but it had to be pretty damn recent for Harry to look so guilty.

"Beth, let me explain, she meant nothing-"

"Bullshit Harry! How long ago was it? Tell me!" I yell into his face, he's now standing in front of me and his eyes look straight down into my own. He sighs and runs a hand down his face.

"That doesn't matter, what matters is that we weren't together at the time and she means nothing to me Beth!" Harry tries to explain, his voice loud and powerful. I shake my head.

"Nothing ever matters does it Harry?" I say, my voice small and defeated, I turn around to start walking to the exit of the park but Harry grabs my wrist and gently turns me around, his face softens when he sees the tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"Beth please don't walk away from me." Harry says and he lets his hand cup my jaw. I step back from his comforting embrace. As much as I want to stay and listen to what he has to say, I can't, if I stay any longer I'll end up sobbing in front of him, Zayn and the stupid girl. I won't show how weak I am to any of them.

"When will you learn to just tell me the whole truth?" I ask coldly and I can see the visible hurt in his eyes, but he's not the one who should be hurting. I turn my back to him and I continue to walk towards the exit of the park. The sad thing is I actually want Harry to stop me from leaving and I want him to make me forgive him, I want him to beg, I want him to kiss me and tell me what the girl said is all a lie.

But he doesn't.

a/n #2 holy shit that was sad to write lol