Chapter 12: The Crystal Knight

Guardian Light had started walking through a grove of trees as Sombra and I followed. Trees in The Light Empire always seemed to be glowing, but now, without a Queen guided by light, their light had faded. The tree's bark was now dry and so dark that it looked black. The tree leaves are fall-colored, with very little on their branches. The grass was once a light green, now deep brown as if dead. The sky is turning gray from its normal vibrating light blue. Deep gray clouds littered the sky as the sun shined dim gray light over us. As we walked, the trees seemed to narrow around us. Before I knew it, we had entered a flower field untouched by the corruption from Light Melody's rain.  As I stepped on the grass, small light wisps formed at my hooves and flew upward till they hit my knee height and disappeared. With every step I took in that field, the same thing happened. When we came to the flowers, which were a ray of beautiful, vibrant colors, The sky brightened from the gray color it had obtained. 

Once we reached the center of the field, Guardian Light stopped, as did we. He turned around and said with a sigh, "Look, I know what you did all those years ago, Princess, but things have changed now. I felt it was a mistake when I saw him trapped in a dark crystal. That Crystal didn't feel like it was meant to happen. I only felt your fear. So I ask you, Light Princess, why did you do it?" I was at a loss for words as I didn't know how to respond, but I did my best, "I... I did it by accident. He made me feel so worthless and used up. He made me feel like shit. Then he took my wings from me. Without thinking, I let loose dark crystal on one of my subjects. Didn't mean to..." I trailed off as tears started to well in my eyes. Guardian stood there silent for a moment, a long one before he said, "So he hurt you?" his voice barely above a whisper. I then heard the crunching of grass from behind me, and a hoof made its way over my back.

Sombra's voice rang through the air, "Who is the He who Hurt  you, My love?" Sombra's voice was somewhat demonic as he spoke that sentence. I spoke, my voice shaking and tears rolling down my cheeks, "He wants to be called The Subjugglator; that's all I know." Sombra moved in front of me and asked his tone, which was more demonic than before, "Where is this Subjugglator?" I watched as Sombra's eyes where turned red again. His horn was curved once more, and his main started flowing like shadowy mist. I took a deep breath before replying, "He is trapped in the dark crystal that I had created by mistake." my voice was a little flat. He took a deep breath, and he went back to normal. I looked down, not wanting to face him. Finally, I felt his hoof under my chin, lifting it up. My eyes met his now green ones, and he leaned in, kissing my lips with such tenderness and care that I had forgotten about the situation. 

Until Guardian Light's voice spoke, "So he is a Shadow Pony Princess?" I pulled away from Sombra and looked to Guardian Light. His eyes stared intently at me, waiting for me to reply, and so I did, "Yes, and do you have a problem with that General?" Guardian shook his head and asked, "If you don't mind me asking, how did you two happen? A Shadow Pony and a Light Pony." I reply with a, "It just happened. I can't explain it either." Guardian lifted a brow and yet didn't question it further. 

Suddenly, things went silent for a split moment, and at that moment, I heard the sound of new hoofs on the grass. Then a female voice spoke, "Wow?~ This place is so pretty. So this is what The Light Empire should look like." I looked to the voice's owner only to spot a brown unicorn with a black mane and tail that had blue tips; her eyes were a beautiful shade of green. She had on Crystal Guard armor but with no helmet. She was thin-looking but just a bit. She looked about the field with amazement. Her amor-covered hoofs moved her close to the treo of ponies in the middle of the field. As she was walking, she spotted us and ran towards us. She seemed just a smidge familiar to me, yet I knew I didn't know her. Once she was right next to me, she asked, "Can you guys point me to the Light Empire's castle? I need to talk with the queen." Guardian Light replied, "Why do you wish to speak with her?" The mare replied, "You see, The Crystal Heart is dying, and we found the reason to be the Citizen's Star to be the source of the damage." I told her, "We can't take you because Light Melody is the reason for the corruption of The Citizen's Star." The mare just made an Oh face before saying, "Oh, how could I forget, My name is Ghost Crystal; who might you all be?" Guardian Light replied, "I'm Guardian Light the General of the Light army. This is Princess Yearning Silhouette, heir to the throne of light, and the dark stallion here is Prince Sombra her husband." Ghost Crysttal's eyes widen in shock at Sombra's name. She then asked, "Why is the King of Shadows here? This is the last place I expected my father to be!" Now, my own eyes widen in shock. I look to Sombra to see the same face of shock as me. Sombra asks, "But How?" Ghost Crystal looks to Sombra and explains, "I was magically put into my mother's womb by the Crystal Heart itself." I breathed out a sigh of relief as I didn't know I was holding in.