Chapter 10: Back

The jewel was a pure white color. It seemed to emanate with purity.

Suddenly, It began to glow. Every second it got brighter until; I only could see white. My back started to feel as if a weight was put on it. The weight seemed very familiar like a really old friend who you hadn't seen in a long while. After a while, the light vanished and the crystal no longer was white instead it had turned to dust. I blinked a few times.

Right away, "What happened and how?" I hear Sombra's voice from behind me. I looked to him and asked, "What do you mean?" Then, he trots over to me, puts his hoof on my back, and pulls something away from it. Soon, a wing that was purple fading into white at the tips makes its way into my sight. I stood there speechless for a moment before I said, "M... My wings?" my voice was a bit shaky. Then, I moved something on my body that hadn't been moved any many decades.

At that moment, I squealed hurting the ears of my love. Then, I stretched out my stiff wings. "Oh, it feels good to have them back," I say loudly. I started dancing happily where I stood. Sombra wraps his hoofs around me and I calm down but I'm still a bit bouncy. I then bluntly kiss Sombra. I pull away and stare into his eyes. "F.. foods ready." he Pachal stutters. I giggle a bit and make my way to the kitchen.

The next day, I started packing our things. He looked at me confused and asked, "Where are we going?" I stop packing and reply, "Home." I then resumed what I had been packing. Once everything was packed up I brought everything downstairs. After breakfast, we headed out. The land around the shack is always supposed to be winter, but we went out the other door and stepped out into a summer-like environment. "Where are we?" I hear him next to me. "We are home," I say with a smile.

Nothing has really changed except for the fountain with a statue that looked oddly familiar. As I got closer I recognized my old childhood friend. He was the son of the general who served my parents before me and now he has been tasked as the current general. I don't know why he was encased in stone. I started up a spell with my horn and freed him. After he turned back he looked to me and said, "Princess You have returned home." He then looks around him and then asks, "Queen Light Melody where is she?"

I stood there and remembered when I left. I then looked towards the castle off in the distance only to see that the castle was now gray instead of white. The kingdom didn't glow as it once did all those years ago. "Ray, did she cause this to happen?" I ask him. "After you left she began draining the power from the land and kingdom. She hasn't stopped." He explained. I looked towards the kingdom and then beyond it only to see that all color was slowly draining from the land. "Well General, I have returned and I am ready to fix everything," I say as I turn my head towards the young General.

Suddenly, Ray Looks towards Sombra and asks, "Princess who is this?" Sombra steps forward and answers, "I am Sombra." I giggle and say, "He is my husband." Ray bows his head and says, "Forgive me Prince Sombra." Sombra was about to say something when the sky turned gray and rain started to pour. Ray mumbles under his breath but then says aloud, "follow me."