Chapter 6: Untrue Happiness

I watched as Sombra was banished the last words that I heard from him was that he loved me. I watched as he cast his spell and my memories of him faded.

I started my grayish-purple hooves that had black metal shoes on them. Why do I feel so down? Something was missing. I could see it in the other ponies around me. A light blue Pegasus lands next to me. "Hello I'm Spirit Blue and you are?" she said with a voice full of energy. "I'm Yearning Silhouette it's lovely to meet you Miss Spirit Blue," I say dully with a hit of politeness in my voice.

500 years have passed and I see that everypony has stayed the same as well as spirit and I. We haven't aged one bit. ya know what was weird I don't remember my parents. I also had a feeling that I didn't want to remember but I had to. "Hey, Yearning I noticed something you walk so gracefully," Spirit says cheerfully next to me. She was the only cheerful one around here. "Thanks," I replied a slight smile on my face. I looked up at the crystal castle that hovered above the village. It seemed so dark and welcoming at the same time.

Suddenly, I felt a burst of energy from the top of the castle. Something was pulling me in and I didn't know what. I resisted the urge to go up there for 100 more years. I made my way through the castle the corridors so familiar. I stopped at a room that seemed very welcoming. I opened the doors to see a room fit for a queen. On the wall, there was a painted portrait of a dark gray stallion with a black mane and purple smoke-like substance coming out of his eyes. He was quite handsome too. I walked around the room examining every inch of it. My heart ached as if it remembered something. I leave the room and continue down the corridor.

I soon stop at a gray door. I opened the door to another bedroom that seemed to be trying to make me remember something. Something I had long since forgotten. I step past the threshold of the room. Then a faded version of The gray stallion appeared in front of me. I blinked and rubbed my eyes but he was still there. He began to move about the room checking every inch of it. He stopped and looked at a small box with a note. After a moment he then lay on the bed. I step over to the box and read the note, "I know that our wedding has already been done. The ring I originally gave you, I feel as if it doesn't suit you Yearning. I know this one will compliment you better. Sincerely Sombra."

Right away, I set the letter down and looked at the stallion on the bed. He looked me up and down as if examining me. I stepped to the side leaving the figure. The figure looked like me but the only difference was the red dress and black metal shoes on her hoofs. The stallion gets up and headed towards the red dress wearing mare. The moment he kissed her neck they both turned into smoke that seemed to bend and morph as well as vanish. I pulled the small box towards me and set it in my bag. Then, I head out of the room.

Now that I look at it something has drawn me to the throne which is where I now stand. I look up at the large clean cut crystal at the top of the seat. Then, I was filled with the memories of the past 600 years.

Suddenly, I felt a large range of negative emotions fill my heart and mind. Memories of loneliness, anger, and doubt collided within my head. These were memories of the past 600 years. I always kept myself secluded. I was afraid of others and what they would do me. I felt as if I committed a crime worthy of death. Then, for some odd reason, I cast a spell and a door opened up from a ray of dark gray light. The door was a rectangle leaving an opening in the throne room floor. Stars stretched downward. I made my way down and soon come upon another hallway. It was made of some sort of dark crystal.

To my left was a light gray crystal door. I didn't want to go in but I knew I had to. I made my over to the door. When I was close enough the door started to open and when I was right in front of it. It now hung wide open as if it wanted me to enter. I did but with caution.

When I stepped into the room I saw an array of things. There was a mannequin with a pure white dress on it's shoulders. The dress was simple with a bow on the back. A long veil laced with dark crystal sat on the head of the mannequin. The white dress which I now presume is a wedding dress was elegant even without the simple detail. The roof the room seemed to sparkle as well as the ground. A single wooden stool sat under a simple desk. A closed book lay on top and when I lightly dragged my hoof across it the color got darker. My hoof was now dusty I wiped it off on my bag.

Right away when I opened the book there were dates along with the flow of writing that looked quite familiar. I read the name in the bottom left corner of the cover. "Yearning Silhouette" I said aloud. Then is when I realized that this place was part of me. I read through my journal but still, no memories came. I stuck it in my bag. I looked at the wedding dress and I felt as if I was about to cry. I shook my head and left the room. I had to know more. I followed the hallway and ended up and a long spiral of stairs. There was a door before this but I made it through.

I slowly make my way up the stairs. I walked for awhile until I stop to break. As I did my head started to hurt and the gray stallion flashed past my mind. I shook my head and continued upwards. I finally made it to the top only to see a crystal heart shining. It was spinning. It released a burst of energy...

I kept the journal on me I never let anyone take it. Ever since I had been in that castle 200 years ago I have been trying to understand why I couldn't remember anything. Also Every Time I tried to remember my parents I accidentally make dark crystal. I hear a knock at my door. I open it to see Spirit Blue her mostly straight yet messy hair sitting on her shoulders. It was time I had to show her. I opened the journal to the page with her name. "I had found this in the castle 200 years ago. I don't know why this journal has both our names." I say. She jumps up and down happily.

Spirit and I continued to look through the castle for answers and nothing came to us until the Shinning Armor and Cadance had come to the crystal empire. The moment the crystal heart was returned so were all my memories.