Chapter 11: Crystal Armor

~A few days ago In the Crystal Empire (Goast Crystal)~

Something is off with the crystal heart. Their color has a dark mix of gray added to its usual blue. Their light has dimmed too. My job is to guard the crystal heart and the heir to the throne but I feel as though I am unable to do my duty to the Crystal Empire. We stood there looking at the sick gem. "So what are we supposed to do?" asked Melody Sparkle. She is one of Princess Twilight Sparkler's twin children. "Mama, papa what's going on?" Princess Flurry Heart asks. She was only 5 years old. "Flurry Why don't you go to your room and play for a bit." Princess Cadenza calmly says as a maid comes and takes Flurry Heart back into the castle.

Twilight Shine suddenly bursts out of one of the doors carting a book. He is Melody's older brother. He passes the book to The Princess of the Kingdom. He opens to a page and says, "Look Ant Cadence." she reads and her jaw drops. She then reads allowed, "The crystal heart was once stronger. Ponies couldn't make it near the heart until one day when a powerful mysterious stranger with a horn broke the heart in half. This created The Citizens Star and The crystal heart we know today. Over time both halves created their own kingdoms. The Crystal Kingdom holds the Heart and The Light Empire holds the star. When one is sick the other feels it and shows it with a dark color." "So it's not the heart itself." I say with a relieved sigh. "but be warned if one falls the other follows." She finishes and worry fills me once more.

Right away, all I could picture was the heartbreaking down the center and fall to many pieces. I started having a mental freak-out. I calmed down and then asked her for the book. I took a look and saw that there was a way to the Light Empire. There was a riddle that told its location.

Go deep into the forest
A pillar of light waits for you
The light will then guide you

There was no more to it. What did it mean by A pillar of light and the light will guide you? Princess Cadenza Turns the page only to see some sort of crystal forest. A passage was written, "On the far northern outskirts of the Crystal Empire lies a forest of crystal. This forest changes color based on how the Light Empire is ruled. If it has been ruled with a pure heart the crystal is pure white. If the Empire is ruled with a cruel heart the crystal turns gray. The only outsider is the garden of the heart." She closes the book and pauses for a long moment before saying, "Goast Crystal we need you to go and help out the sister kingdom. It is you and you alone who may do this." I bow my head and say, "Ass you wish Princess."

By night I had set off. It took almost a whole day to find the crystal forest. Once there I began searching for the Pillar of Light. By night I was greeted by a monk pony who was pure white. The was no color in him. He spoke, "Dear, Traveler how is it that you have come to find this place?" I gulped down the spit in my mouth and said, "I am here to help the light Empire in any way that I can." he smiled and said, "So you must be the Guardian of The Heart. Follow me." He makes his way over to a crystal tree and pulls back the bark. There was a beautiful wooden door. She makes her way over but the monk spoke up, "Be warned Guardian there is a great battle about to take place. Be on your guard and help guide her home." I nod my head and step through the door.

There was a cabin and it had gone cold. There were signs that somepony had been there. I was curious so I went up the stairs to find a comfy looking bed made and ready to go. I spotted a twinkle in the corner of the room. As I got closer I used my magic to pick it up. It couldn't be. Dark crystal was my father's doing why is it here? I make my way down the stairs and make my way out the opposite door I came in.