Chapter 4: The Weeping Heart

It had been a few months since I met King Sombra. I have seen what he has done. He had to have a secret motive behind all this, so I snuck into his archives and read his journal. I learned about Radiant Hope. Sombra doesn't know that I know about her.

We sit atop the castle looking out over the kingdom, his hoof over mine. After living a nightmare a few months back, why all of this? I felt a hoof slide gently over my back causing me to shiver a little. Then, I felt a burst of energy from behind me and a groan of pain next to me. I looked at Sombra only to see sweat trickle down his handsome jawline. His brows squashed into a pained expression. He bears his teeth, completing the scene before me. "That cursed Heart! Every damn time." his voice cracked a bit as he flinched. He whipped his head around and glared at the Crystal Heart. "It's been giving out a burst of energy like that a lot these past few months," Sombra said his voice almost back to normal.

Right away, the heart releases another energy burst. I watch as a crack appears on his cheek. He then tries to put a barrier around the heart. "Why won't it work?!" he growled. I stood and walked over to the Heart and began to examine it. After looking at it from all angles, I set my hoof against it only to see the heart darken in color. I immediately pulled my hoof away. I looked at the heart and what I saw was me with my wings but the tips had become a dark gray. Then, I saw a shadowy figure appear behind me. I looked only to see Sombra. "It shows you what's in your heart." He snarled/explained. I then put my hoof to my heart and sighed quietly.

Right away, I shivered as an ice-cold breeze touched my fur. I then watched as snow began to fall. I spotted a snowflake as it fell on Sombra's snout. He snorted but the flake remained on his nose. He looks at the little thing and snorts again but to no avail. I giggled a bit with a smile. "What are you laughing at?" He asked me with a scowl. Then, I kissed his nose and once I realized what I'd done, I just froze. A million thoughts ran through my head. Why I did it, I don't know. All I knew was that we stood there frozen in silence. Well, it was until a guard came and said, "Sir, the mines are under chaos." Sombra nodes his head and said, "We'll have to continue this another time." "Oh, o-ok," I reply.

Suddenly, I'm all alone. I watch as a thin layer of snow forms around me. I feel the cold seep through my unclothed hooves. I look up to the sky to see gray and unhappy clouds dropping the snow. This moment was silent until I was slammed suddenly to the ground by none other than Spirit herself. She looked at me with an excited smile. "So how did it go?" she asked quickly. "What do you mean?" I ask. "With the king silly." she giggled. Heat rose to my cheeks as I looked away in embarrassment. "I don't think it was a date, just a friendly outing..." I say. "Oh really. It seemed like it was more with that kiss on his nose." she giggled. "That was just an in the moment thing besides he would like me if he knew what I really am." after I said that I walked away from her after pushing her off of me.

Once I stepped through the doorway, I felt another surge of power from the heart. I felt its sorrow in that one and it mixed with my own. I was pushed straight into a memory, I crept through the field of flowers slowly. I snuck up on a really light blue pony with a light purple mane. I jumped up out of my hiding place used my wings to stop me in the air and then tapped his shoulder gently. He literally jumped in the air. For a unicorn, he could jump really high. He clung onto a branch of a tree. "I got you Guardian Light! ~" I laughed. "That's not funny Yearning." he pouted. The sky was a lovely shade of blue that day. Later we had gone inside the castle. When we passed the war room we heard voices. We were curious so we listened in.
"You know your son general shows just as much promise as you once did." I hear my mother's voice
"Why thank you, my queen, I am very proud of him myself. His mother would be too if..." he paused.
"The council believes that Yearning would bring darkness to the land. Mother's voice sounded sad.
"What about the youngest?" he asked.
"The council doesn't trust her. The council believes in the legend," she explained
"Why would they believe that the legend is true?" He asked
Before we were able to hear anymore my little sister tugged on my tail. "Big sissy what are you doing?" she asked her white main falling in her face.

I awoke to the ceiling of my room. I sat up only to see both Spirit and Sombra looking at me with worried eyes. "What happened?" I asked. "You don't remember anything?" Spirit Blue asked. "Remember what?" I asked. "The guards found you collapsed on the ground." Sombra had said. I then looked out the window only to see that the crystal empire had become a dark blue. I pointed to the window, "What happened to the empire?" I asked. Spirit squinted her eyes a bit. "What do you mean?" she asked. "The crystal has darkened," I say.

Right away Sombra whips his head around and looks out at the empire. We watch as the orange sky darkens. Green fog like substance begins filling the streets. From where I sat the green fog looked to be extremely dense. I feel as if I have seen this stuff before.