Chapter 3: Could Darkness Be My Light?

I was brought to a room full of fine furnishings. Then, I was given a note, 

You may be wondering why I had you brought here. Well, I'll tell you once you clean. There are clothes in the closet and a dresser if you prefer.

"We are to take you to his highness when you are ready." one of the guards spoke in a strong voice. I nodded my head and they left the room. I opened the door to the washroom to find a bath pre-drawn. Clean white towels had been set aside. The room itself was misted with steam. Once I stepped into the hot water I relaxed. I didn't know I was that stressed. After a few minutes, I wetted my hair and scrubbed myself down. I rinsed off and stepped out. As my horn lit up, I grabbed a towel and dried myself.

Right away, I caught a glimpse of myself in the fogged-up mirror. My streak was now a little darker than crimson red, the brown was darker along with my eyes and fur. Once I was out of the washroom I went straight to the closet. When I opened the wardrobe, the one garment that caught my eye was a long, low v, dark red dress. I grabbed it and set it on the bed which looked pretty comfy. I then walk over to the jewelry box and open it. What I see is an array of jewels and trinkets. I grab the beaded black studs and set them out on the desk. Later, I am brought to a grand dining room. A long rectangular table graced the middle of the room. At one end was the gray stallion and the other end was empty.

Suddenly, I'm lifted up off the ground. I don't feel very comfortable. Then, I hover over the ground and I'm set gently on the bench right next to the stallion. I blinked a few times and then asked, "What was that for?" He just smirked and gestured for a servant to come over. He whispers something in his ear. He then leaves and comes back with a sky-blue mare by his side.

Wait, she looks just like...

Spirit Blue pushes a cart, her teeth on the handle. The cart held two different platters, in which both were covered by a dome of some sorts with a handle. When she passed by me she had brushed up against me gently. I felt something really light land on my lap I looked down and there was a piece of paper. The gray stallion wasn't looking, so using my magic I opened the paper to see;

So you impressed The King Of Shadows right off the bat, eh. Nobody thought that he'd find a mare. Oh! and if you're wondering why I'm here, it's because the last cook attempted to poison The King. Don't worry I won't, even if I'm pressured. ~ Spirit Blue

I stared at the note and then at Spirit. I just blinked in confusion.

"So how did you end up in my mines?" he asked, snapping me out of my trance.

"I remember passing out in the snow and then waking here," I explained.

He rubbed his chin with his now bare hoof, "And what of your name?"
"Yearning Silhouette, and you, your highness?" as I said that, he looked confused for a moment then,

"So Miss Silhouette you don't know who I am?" The servant unveils what was for dinner. I just nod my head in response. "My Name is Sombra, king of the Crystal Empire and the King of Shadows," he says with a little pride. I blink a few times.

Later that night, My dreams decided to spiral downward. I watched the blood of my parents stain the floors of the white throne room. Then, I hear his laughter, the one who killed them, alongside my sisters. At last, I'm pushed into the black abyss of the vivid dream, and I am met with the face of the Subjugglator. I spread my wings to only see them fading away. I looked over and saw now that they were now appearing on his back. This was just a bad memory now.

I quickly spring up, screaming as tears stream down my face. My door then bursts open revealing a tired Sombra. Guards came in after him with their spears pointed in all directions, looking for a threat. Sombra himself looked all around the room and realized there was no threat. He dismissed the guards. As the guards leave the room, He then is standing by my side as he looks to me, questionable. I kept my head buried in my pillow. "Just a bad dream." My voice muffled by my pillow, but he could still understand me.

Someone opens my door again. "Ok your highness, let me talk to her. You just go back to bed. Don't worry." I hear hoofs being dragged across the floor and then the shutting of a door. "Now Yearning, tell me everything." Spirit Blue says.