Chapter 8: Red and White

Sombra and I got lucky and found some cocoa beans in the back of the house. So I decided to make some hot Cocoa for him and I. As I made the drink I didn't realize that Sombra had got a hold of my journal. As I worked on the drink Sombra's eyes scanned the pages. When I finished making the cocoa I turned around only to see Sombra close the back cover. He looked up and asked, "What are you?" He sets the journal on the coffee table we added a few days ago. Then, he takes one of the cups of hot cocoa from me.

Suddenly, my voice was caught in the back of my throat. I took a sip of the cocoa only for it to burn my throat like an extremely spicy food. I sweetened it, didn't I? I took another sip only for it to taste sweet. Sombra uses his magic to pull me close. "What are you?" he asked again his lips near mine. I took in a deep breath and said, "I.. I'm a Light Pony." He looks at me confused. I look away but then, I'm forced to look into his eyes. "What exactly is a Light Pony?" he asks me.

"T..There are a lot of things that go to a light pony but most you have to learn in time." I say. Then, I continue with, "Sombra you know the glow that you always see me with.?" He nods his head in response. "W.. well it's almost black now," I say with a frown. "What do you mean it's almost black?" he asked me. "Alight Ponies glow must not fade to pure black or they will either die or turn to stone." I finish. He stares at me in disbelief. "To top off being tainted my sister forced me out of my kingdom the one I was supposed to rule." With that, I ran upstairs.

I immediately lay down on the bed as tears cascade down my dark violet cheeks. The dark crystal formed around the bed. My tears continued to get worse and so did the crystal getting thicker and stronger. Things around me started to turn into a monochrome of no color. I hear the door open but I pay no mind to it until. "Yearning!" I hear his yell. "Leave me alone!" I scream. My body trembled as more tears soaked my cheeks. I hear a loud thump on the crystal wall. I continued to cry as more loud thumps hit the wall. I hear my name again but in full but I still cry and bury my face in the now gray pillow. I began to shake uncontrollably.

Suddenly, all I see is black. For a while, that's all I see until a white light appeared far away in the darkness. The light was all too familiar. then, a red light formed next to it and it was also very familiar to me. Finally, the old me with the light purple fur, light brown mane with a pure white streak stood in front of me. Her wing spread across the darkness in front of me. One of the wings sat in front of the white light and the other did the same but the tips were red. "You can continue as you have been but beware that you are the fall of the kingdom if you do. You need to decide now," she says. The light did call me but what if my kingdom shuns me. What if...

Right away, in front of me began to go dark. Then, my sister crossed my mind. My crime can't be worse than hers. After all this time I finally realized that my kingdom needs me to be queen or else it may be no more. I have thrown this fit long enough. It is time to be a true queen. The me in front of me spoke, "You have done well." I felt as if the weight on my shoulders was lifted.

Light fills my vision along with white crystal. White crystal? Wait wasn't this black? I looked down only to see that my main was now light brown again. The red streak was now white. Looking in the crystal My light green eyes had returned. My fur was now light purple after all these years. My wings had still not returned. I heard huffing and puffing from the other side of the wall. I lowered the wall to see Sombra on the ground warn out. I got off the bed and stood next to him. He looked at me and I leaned down. I laid on top of him. He wrapped his arms around me. He fell asleep right there. I lifted him up off the ground gently and set him on the bed.

I go down stares and look at the living room. What I see is white and dark crystal strewn about. I made the white crystal vanish but the dark crystal still remained. The Dark crystal was more of a light gray but still dark. Is he really no I'm just imagining things right? The two Cups of Coca had gone cold. The fire was almost out so I threw some wood on it. I watched as the fire began to roar and it reached for the opening of the chimney. The room warmed up a little more. I looked outside to see the sky had turned almost black and my stomach growled.

After making some food and settle on the couch. My mind began to wander to things like how I was to get my wings back and how to defeat my little sister. Fate what have you gotten me into?