Chapter 1: Lights' End

In the mirror, I see an Alicorn with a light brown mane and tail that also includes a pure white streak. My wings fade from light purple to pure white. My eyes are a light grass-green color. My name is Yearning Silhouette why do I have the name I don't know. My flank is blank for my talent is unknown to me. I'm The Princess of the Light Empire and the next ruler after my parents. I have a little sister who has a white mane and tail. She doesn't have her cutie mark either. I also have a friend named Guardian Light who has just recently been promoted to captain of the guard.

I make my way out of my room only to bump into my sister. "Light Melody?" I say confused. I then noticed that her mane had changed from a pure white to a dark silver color and her fur had become a dark purple. "What happened to you?" I ask but she runs away in response and I follow. She soon comes to the huge silver doors to the throne room. Wait, weren't they almost completely white yesterday? I shake my head and see her open the doors and step through. The door closes but is left slightly cracked.

Once I have set a hoof in front of the door I hear her voice. "So is the job done my love?" her voice was calm and cold sounding. Moments later I hear, "Good; next, my sister." my eyes widen in pure horror as I slowly view what was now a bloodstained throne room. I knew what she had meant and I knew I had to leave.

I immediately race back to my room. I slammed the door open and covered my wings with my cloak. I then closed my door and using my magic I revealed my hidden path that I used many times to sneak out and view the stars that Princess Luna arranged for those nights. I cast a spell on my room to completely conceal it. My room normally moved about the castle and normally only appeared to me or someone I allowed to enter. Now until my return, it must never be found.

I step through the passage and I'm teleported to the garden that connects with the main road; to the big city of the empire. I moved slowly trying not to get caught. when I was out of sight of any guards I quickly proceeded down the road until I hit something. I looked up to see a red-furred and blue maned stallion.

Weeks have past and now I'm sitting here crying. Tear's waterfall down my cheeks. I look in the mirror to see that my pure white streak had turned bright red, the brown was now dark, my fur was now darker and my eyes had also darkened. I had a black eye from the scuffle before with him. He called himself The Subjugglator. He had left me all alone. This is how the days would normally go but today was off. He didn't return at the time he normally would. I took the chance and ran out the door. I spread my wings and was about to fly but something happened...