Chapter 5: Green Fog

I know I have seen this somewhere before but were? "What is that," he asked. Then we hear a booming voice, "A kingdom hidden in snow and made of crystal no less. There's even a castle I'll make my own." Then I watch as Sombra opens the window and booms back, "Remove yourself from this place or feel thy wrath of thy shadows!" With that, he shut the window.

Right away, black smoke started to pour from Sombra. The purple smoke aura was more prominent than usual too. I made my way to the edge of the bed and stepped onto the ground. I then made my way over to him and set my hoof on his cheek. "No one will take my Kingdom away from me, my love," was all he spoke before he left me alone in the room. Did he just call me his love? Was I hearing things correctly? I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks. Then, I remember, "Where is Spirit?" I say under my breath. I looked around the room to see no trace of her.

I made my way towards my door but no shorter than a foot away I ran into a barrier and was pushed onto the ground. Looking at it, I saw that it was a light gray. That is when I remembered, I watched as the sky turned an ugly shade of green. The clouds are now gray and poured out the black rain. I watched from the balcony at the castle library with my sister and Guardian Light. The sound of thunder made Guardian jump and a spark of magic flashed from his horn. Both my sister and I Giggled as he landed with a thud. Then, my sister begins to cry. I was soon by her side and I noticed a scratch on her lower lip. I thought nothing of it. I blink and look back at the barrier.

Suddenly, I remembered I had a spell. I break the barrier with it and head out only to be stopped by guards. "The king's orders are to keep you safe." one said. I stood for a small moment then I said, "Keeping me safe doesn't imply I stay here." and with that, I ran off with the guards in toe. We soon come upon one of the castle entrances. I stopped and looked at the guard's shields. I cast a spell on the objects and said, "These know the only things to repel her fog. keep them from breaking." They nodded their heads.

Right away, we step out the door and head towards where we saw the black smoke cloud. The green cloud was right in front of it and it appeared to have stopped in its tracks. I watched as my parents fight the cloud of sickening green. My sister now lay in bed extremely ill. I set a warm cloth on her forehead. The maids were scattered about the room dusting and sweeping. "Princess Yearning The King and Queen have made their return." I heard a voice from behind me. I looked to see the head butler Butterscotch Cream. "Really," I ask while holding my sister's hand. Then, my parents make their way into the room with their armor on them. The maids quickly set up two chairs. Mother and father sat in them.

What I was about to do scared the hell out of me. I mustered up all the negative feelings in my heart and began to form dark gray crystals. The light wasn't an option at this point. My heart had darkened all I could create where crystals of gray. I somehow trapped the green fog in a cage of crystal that had wires of lightning. Then the cage shrank to a small size with the green fog still inside.

Suddenly, Sombra emerged from the black smoke. The smoke joined this physical form as it surrounded him. His crown atop his head and armor shielded his legs and hoofs. His cape sat strongly on his shoulders and back. Without thinking I ran to him only to have him wrap his armored hoof on my back. He then rubbed his cheek on my cheek. "How did you?" he asked me. "Somethings are left to time," I said simply. With that, I kissed his lips.

Suddenly, I was lifted into the sky and a bright light shined from my flank. When it vanished there on my flank was a red heart with a shadow. I looked up at Sombra only to see his eyes wide and looking at my flank.

Later we conceal the caged green fog in a vault with a magical message inscribed on the front that only appeared when an Alicorn got near it. The message read, "To whoever rules now please take caution. DO NOT free the green fog. It will mean the end of the kingdom." With that, the Vault was left there guarded by the , most ruthless soldiers.