Chapter 7: Regeneration

The sound of my fast hoof beats reaches my ears. I pass house by house and soon make it to the border of the Crystal Empire. I crossed the border and headed out before had I had packed a few things in my satchel. With the clear image of Sombra's horn in my mind, I followed the path that the spell was showing me. My hooves left indents in the snow below me that later were covered by the fresh snow from the blizzard. A red carved horn shape showed through the snow I had found it Sombra's horn. I started to dig through the snow. I soon pulled up his horn. There was still some heat coming off it. Then I remembered Sombra telling me that he could regenerate. I deactivated my spell

I brought his horn close to my chest and it was as if I could feel his faint heartbeat. I set the horn in the bag with my soft clothes. I moved forward now I was in search of a place. I only knew one but that means getting too close. Later, I found a log cabin well half of one anyway. The other half is hidden for a reason.

I open the door and step inside only to be met with a lack of warmth. There was a fireplace on my left of the cabin and a wood pile sat next to it waiting to be used. I set my bag on the couch that was far enough away not to catch fire. I grabbed a few pieces of wood and set them into the fireplace. I lit the fire with my magic and sat on the couch. I looked around the cabin to see a small kitchen in the corner and stares next to it that led to the second floor. I pulled the horn from my satchel and set it on a soft pillow gently. With that, I lay down on the couch and closed my eyes.

I wake up a little groggily. I sat there for a moment until I realized my situation. I looked at Sombra's horn to find it; missing. I began to search around frantically. A few pillows soon went flying in all directions.

Suddenly, "Miss are you ok?" I hear the voice of a child. I look up to see a dark gray colt staring at me from the ground next to the fireplace. He had a curved gray horn that faded into red towards the tip. "I'm fine Sombra," I replied. "How do you know my name?" he asked me. My heart broke at those words. "Let's just say that I know you from somewhere," I replied. "Ok since you know who I am. Who are you?" he asked. "Yearning Silhouette." I simply say. "Your name sounds familiar miss Yearning," he says with a smile.

Two days have passed since then and Sombra had passed my height by just a bit. He has started to regain his memories but for some reason or another, he couldn't remember me. That was until one night when I woke up to Sombra's screams of pain. I ran down the stairs immediately only to find Sombra holding his head with his face twisted into a pain filled expression. I watched a purple smoke began to pour out of his eyes once again. The Smoke wasn't as prominent it was very transparent. Only to those who knew it was there could see it.

Suddenly, I remember, I listened in to the council as my name came up. "Princess Yearning must be muted," said a council mare. "I object Princess Light must be eliminated." said another council member. "Enough. The legend foretold of the darkness taking control of this empire. Also, that darkness will be our savior." the head council stallion said. I blinked my eyes for a moment and the hear, "That is exactly why one of the princesses should be muted." the council mare said. Before I could hear any more guardian Light tapped my shoulder and said, "Um Yearning The Queen wants to see you." As we walked along the castle corridor my sister walks by but she glares at me. Finally, I'm brought back to reality when a soft kiss was placed on my neck.