Chapter 2: A Stray Shard

He appeared directly in front of me. A horn is now on his forehead. "Do you like my wings?" he asked me in a mocking tone. There on his back were my wings. I just stood there and stared at him his eyes then went wide and he began to laugh like a mad stallion. Gold magic started to form around his new horn. I closed my eyes and all the feelings of sadness, rage, and fear had built up and...

I thought I would have vanished by then but when I didn't feel a thing I opened my eyes. To my horror he was encased in dark crystal, his madding expression permanently on his face. My wings were there for all to see. A path made of small crystals led him to me. Tears stick to my cheeks. With one last glance and a hoof to my chest, I ran.

Past the borders of my Empire as tears dragged behind me and turned to crystal. I'm too ashamed to go back now for I have committed a crime punishable by death in my empire even for a princess. With each hoof stabbed into the snow, a new print was formed. I didn't look back for fear that it would be gone. I ran as fast as I could until all I could see was black.

When I had awoken, I was in a cave with some crystal here and there. Suddenly. I'm greeted by a light blue mare with a dark sky-blue mane, with a black streak. I blinked a few times and then pushed her away and clung to the wall of the cave. "W...Who are you?" I asked a little startled.

"I'm Spirit Blue. What's your name?" she said her voice full of energy.

"Yearning Silhouette," I replied. Before she had the chance to speak again

"FRONT AND CENTER!." a loud voice ordered us. She then grabs my hoof and drags me into another part of the cave. Other ponies were gathering who had coats that looked a bit odd to me. Looking at Spirit, her coat wasn't like the others and it wasn't glowing like the other ponies in the Light Empire.

We're both forced into a line which was everyone shoulder to shoulder. The pounding of hoofs caught my attention. I looked over to see a gray unicorn stallion with a red cape and crown. He was kind of handsome... Wait a minute why am I saying that I just... A clearing of a throat snaps me out of my trance. I looked to see Spirit looking at me and gesturing something but before I could respond I was whipped on the side causing me to fly to the ground. I let out a small groan of pain. Then, armor-plated hoofs filled my view. I looked and there stood the gray stallion.

Suddenly, a feeling of warmth wiggles it's way onto my cheeks. "Why do you glow?" he asked his voice low.

Then I hear whispers of others, "A glowing unicorn who would've thought"

"Maybe she's a monster." I hear another. I just know noticed it but everyone except Spirit Blue had backed away including the guards. I looked at them back to the Stallion. "I don't know." I simply said. He leans down and looks me straight in the eye. He gestures for a guard to come over. Once he was there he whispered something in his ear and he nodded his head. With that, I'm dragged off by the guards...