Chapter 13: Choice

Ghost Crystal asked again, "So why is my father here?" Sombra Replies, "I follow my wife." She gave him a very confused look. She then looks at me and asks, "So you're my mother-in-law?" I just nodded my head in my reply. I didn't know what to think about the situation at the moment. Ghost Crystal then said, "This is wild. I was not expecting this. Well, it's nice to meet you. What was your name again?" I reply with, "I'm Yearning Silhouette." 

Ghost Crystal then Qureried, "So who is this Light Melody?" Guardian Light replied, "She was once a sweet princess, but over 600 years ago, she became corrupted, killed her parents, and forced Princess Yearning out of the empire she was meant to rule. Light Melody has been sucking the light out of the land since and has not slowed down." I stated, "So that explains why all color is dulled now." Guardian Light looked at me and explained, "Princess Yearning Silhouette, that is why you need to take the throne back to restore the land and the balance. If you don't, it's not just The Light Empire that will fall. The world as we know it will be unlivable to any living creature." I sighed and said. "I'll do it."  

Guardian turned toward Sombra and said, "Prince Sombra, you have a choice to make." Sombra raised a brow and asked, "What might that choice be?" Guardian explained, "You can keep your shadow powers, but you will not be allowed to be with The Princess, or You can give up your shadow powers to be with her. Your choice." Sombra brought his hoof up to his chin in a thinking manner. I felt a bit nervous about what he would pick, but I would support his decision whatever he picked. 

-Sombra's POV-

I thought about the General's words. I either keep my Shadow powers and lose her, or I give them up for love. I thought for a long time about it till a memory came to mind,

I sat on my throne as I looked out. My soldiers line both sides of my throne room. They stood straight and still. I leaned back on my throne as I looked up at the ceiling of my Throne room. I had everything I wanted. Right? Then why do I feel so bored then? 

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted when my General's voice spoke, "Sire, I have some news." I looked down at him, a bit irritated that my thoughts were interrupted.  With some malice, I asked, "What is it?" The General gulped and said, "Sire, I found a mare with an unusual glow in the snow on one of my patrols. I raised a brow and asked, "Where is she now?" The general replied, "We have put her to work in the mines. Sire." I stood up off my throne and demanded, "Take me to this Glowing Mare." The General said, "Yes, as you wish."  

The General stood from his kneeling position and gestured for me to follow. After walking for a while, we found ourselves at the mine. Once inside, The General Led me to where This Mare was. The moment I saw her, I saw the unusual glow she had, but there was something else about her. Something I liked and wanted. I walked over to her and asked, looking down at her, "Why do you glow?" She remained silent as the other ponies in the room spoke some things.  I wanted to punish them for saying such things about her, and I will. I signaled for the guards to take her to my castle.

Another memory came to the front,

I sat in the bath, looking at the water that pooled around my body. The water was hot, which is just how I liked it. I let the feel of the heat engulf me as I relaxed and let my thoughts wander. All too soon, they were interrupted when I heard a servant say from behind the bathroom door, "My Lady is bathing. You shouldn't be here. You two aren't married yet." I hear Yearning's Angelic voice speak, "This can't wait; I have a few questions for him." The servant replied, "My Lady, this is inappropriate!"  I spoke up, "If my future Queen wants to see me, then let her." The servant paused before replying, "Yes, Sire."  

The door opened, and Yearning stood there. She walked in, and the door shut behind her. I asked, "What is it you wanted to ask me about my love?" She asked, "I wanted to know why you picked me." I paused for a brief moment and answered, "Hard to say. There was just something about you. Anything else you wanted to ask?" She thought for a moment and then asked, as she stepped closer, "Why do you love me?" Why would she ask that question? I replied, "Why does the moon glow?" She looked confused at my answer. I then explained, "I have no reason for loving you. It just is."  I watched as her face flushed a deep red. With that, I used my magic to pull her closer. Once she was directly in front of me, I leaned over the side of the tub and kissed her lips. 

I smiled at the memories. That made my choice clear as day. I looked at Yearning and then to The General and said, my smile crystal clear, "I want to be with Yearning. My Shadow power are not worth it." I watched, Yearning let out a breath of relief. Ghost Crystal looked at me with shock and said, "You are willing to give up your powers just like that?" I nod my head in a yes motion. Ghost blinked a bit, then snapped herself out of shock. Looking back at Yearning, I saw more tears almost rolling over her lower eyelids. I leaned in and wrapped my hoofs around her. She did the same and sniffed a bit. I rubbed her back a bit. I then nuzzled my snout in her neck, giving it a brief kiss. I knew she liked it when I did this.